Evans cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
It was bought by Mike Ashley, hardly a surprise he’s cutting the costs of the business

vickster

Legendary Member
Last time I went into Evans it was into a brand new store and it was fully stocked! That was last year though!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Not surprised knowing how Ashley works. Probably nothing to do with Evans performance but to shore up other operations in the group. High street retailing has never been so difficult and then the pandemic.
Unfortunately it will lead to a drop in service with many dispirited unmotivated staff. Sad.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
And the strange thing is I saw a job vacancy for Evans Cycles Sheffield advertised yesterday.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Sadly the current and most governments will give the illusion they are doing but rarely do anything meaningful on the ground.

mikeIow

Guru
Painful stuff. Ashley really is a POS with his management style. More a dictatorship, designed to feather his own nest:thumbsdown:
Got my R2W from them last year: it was a painful experience to sort (understandably), but the staff in Leicester were super helpful.
Crazy that they should be treated in such a way.

It’s no surprise really as they aim for the middle to upper end of the market and don’t stock an awful lot of budget range.

For example their cheapest tyre is £12.99
https://www.evanscycles.com/brand/vittoria/zaffiro-v-road-tyres-711496#colcode=71149603

Yet wiggle sell a superior tyre for cheaper
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/vittoria-zaffiro-pro-folding-clincher-road-tyre

If they were to include a few cheaper ranges or discount more midrange kit then they would do better as the audience is wider. Every time I go into an Evans I come out empty handed as it’s all too expensive and I’m not particularly tight by any means.

Drago

Legendary Member
It's lingered on a year or two longer than it deserved to really. Its only that Laura Ashley bloke thats kept the corpse warm, and soon he'll be stealing its gold fillings and shoving it into the grave.

Top Bottom