fed up with winter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This so far has been the best winter I've had, cycling wise. Maybe it's because it's my first winter with a turbo trainer...

Never been out. Sitll, lots of miles and my bike has never been cleaner :okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
This so far has been the best winter I've had, cycling wise. Maybe it's because it's my first winter with a turbo trainer...

Never been out. Sitll, lots of miles and my bike has never been cleaner :okay:
How have you done any miles if you've not been out, not been anywhere ...you've more accurately turned the pedals for xx amount of time which is roughly equivalent to maybe possibly sort of ish xx virtual (pretend) miles ;)

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
The sun had to end, fog rolled in today. Still 100% better than turbo in a garage.

104FF83E-85DD-4836-9920-660FF24F0226.jpeg

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Been out three days on the trot… just sayin :sun:
🤔 On the Trot ? Is that the Trot with the Campagnolo or Shimano group set .^_^

sorry Mr Duck .

Personally I hate the depths of winter and feel down for months. Always have even before I took up cycling.
I do however try to continue to ride outdoors (and walk) through the winter because being outdoors, even if it is not sunny, is always better for mood than being indoors. I admit I don't ride enough and it is a constant battle to get motivated to ride December through February. I have come to realise that it is not the act of sitting on a bike and pedalling that gives me pleasure, but doing it outdoors.

Last edited:

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Every winter I try and tell myself not to let it bother me and embrace it as I have all the gear I need to keep warm and dry, but every year it does get to me :laugh:
Like you, Mo, I’m not a big fan of Real Cold, and have enough gear for surviving any temperatures. What I have been doing lately is taking a 9 mile round trip spin to a coworker's house for any old small “reason.” Today I brought her over a container of 1/2 & 1/2 (cream/whole milk) as I knew she ran out of it during our last snowy weekend, and her door handle fell off! She doesn’t enjoy her coffee without it. She was thankful (it was a surprise) and I had a great spin in the crispness of winter air. Short runs in the winter are very rewarding too, not just long ones. :okay: All you need is some sort of “reason” to take on the task. But if it’s raining, that’s where I draw the rain. I don’t find any ride in the rain “enjoyable” and most of them just tolerable. Light flurries can make a ride magical though.

Not that I always succeed in talking myself into taking a spin in less than fave conditions, but I do sometimes. :hello:

Top Bottom