FNRttC FNRttC to Newhaven, Dieppe and Paris 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
You had a tattoo done then Greg?

why have ink when I've got the real thing? oddly though bunny lake (the daughter) has just had a large snow white tattooed on her thigh. The lovely Helen does not approve. Neither do I. Though it is extremely well executed by an excellent artist in sunny Brighton on Sea. But being such liberal parents we are resolve to hate the tattoo and love the tattoo-ed.

frank9755

Cyclist
You are quite right to be annoyed, Greg.

I agree it is completely wrong to have just Snow White on her own without the Seven Dwarfs...
whistling.gif

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
I'm in for the first leg of the ride. Not sure about the rest, , France sounds very tempting but a lot depends on Mrs. Olaf...

frank9755

Cyclist
Am really looking forward to this but can't decide what to do! Here followeth random Sunday evening thoughts prior to booking ferries, hotels, etc in the hope that more info will make things clearer...

I'm definitely going to Newhaven and on to Dieppe. Last year leaving you guys to get the ferry while we got the train back made me feel like a real party pooper!

But cycling further on the Saturday, eg to St Saens, sounds less fun than checking in somewhere, having a shower then a couple of glasses of wine in a cafe in Dieppe, lolling around watching the Tour and rolling in to bed when I run out of steam. I recall Dieppe to St Saens is smooth roads and pancake flat so, with an early start, I could catch up with the Paris-bound contingent in the morning.

Is anyone else going to stay overnight in Dieppe - either people going on to Paris or catching the morning ferry? If so I think I'll do that - but obviously would be a bit sad if no-one else does!

I've never cycled in Paris before so it would be fun to go up and down the Champs Elysee and cruise around a bit. It seems a bit of a shame not to see in the Tour, but I suppose the later trains are going to be a bit full. There is a Sunday evening Easyjet back to Luton which was going for about £80 incl bike (but I wouldn't put my best bike on a plane so would have to take my 2nd one). Anyone else thinking of staying for the Tour? I've never been to it but lots of people go over so it must be a fun day out.

And Andy ILB, are you really going on to Nice...?
whistling.gif

Your thinking on 'doing something' is right Frank - there's not much to see when the pack tear around the streets, but one could always ride it back out on a Monday... :whistle: (always assuming there is not a decent bar in Dieppe or environs of course, that imparts a wonderful welcome to 'les rosbifs en velo' :tongue:

martint235

Dog on a bike
Is anyone else going to stay overnight in Dieppe - either people going on to Paris or catching the morning ferry? If so I think I'll do that - but obviously would be a bit sad if no-one else does!

I'm hoping to but it's a question of finance. Ideally, bit of a kip on the ferry, few beers on Friday, wander round Dieppe Saturday and then evening ferry back and an overnight ride back to London. I'll have to see how things pan out though.

At the mo, definitely going to Newhaven, unsure about the ferry but it does feel like I'd be missing something special not to get the boat.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.

I agree it is completely wrong to have just Snow White on her own without the Seven Dwarfs...
whistling.gif

we fear that is what the other leg is for! her boyfriend, who lives with her and thusly us, has several splendid reproductions of scenes from disney's alice in wonderland about his person.

Email Sent
But "Wussing" out only doing the HPC to Newhaven Part.....

That's not wussing out! It's a beautiful dawn Nigel... at least, I think that's what her name was. The breakfast is stupendous - after, of course, a splendid view or two.

^Get your tickets sorted out Becs and you can either join the elite in Cannes-on-Sea (about 20 something ks or miles from Dieppe) or you can go in at the Dieppe end and book Etaphotel in downtown dapper Dieppe, where Frank and I will be busking old Charles Trenet songs, in order to pay for some 'vin de trottoir' (I doubt very much that our singing would get a table anywhere). :smile:

Dellzeqq is the one in the lilac chemise

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5hrUGFhsXo[/media]

frank9755

Cyclist
why have ink when I've got the real thing? oddly though bunny lake (the daughter) has just had a large snow white tattooed on her thigh. The lovely Helen does not approve. Neither do I. Though it is extremely well executed by an excellent artist in sunny Brighton on Sea. But being such liberal parents we are resolve to hate the tattoo and love the tattoo-ed.

whistling.gif

we fear that is what the other leg is for! her boyfriend, who lives with her and thusly us, has several splendid reproductions of scenes from disney's alice in wonderland about his person.

I'm up for the 1st leg at least

One Snow White tattoo coming up! Look forward to you showing us it on the ferry, Becs!

StuartG

slower but further
Paris bounders: anyone thinking of cycling/training back to Dieppe? If so will you be exiting Paris before the TdF ends or maybe staying all Sunday and returning Monday?

redjedi

Über Member
I'm tempted to go over to Dieppe and stay for the Saturday market before getting the evening ferry back.

It will all depend if I can pull my finger out and get my passport renewed in time, otherwise it'll just be to Newhaven.

Top Bottom