Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
Shimano RS505 hydraulic STI levers and flat mount calliper full set £159 this weekend (£199 then 20% off applied in basket):

https://www.merlincycles.com/shiman...rs505-flat-mount-calipers-11-speed-89846.html

CharlesF

Guru
Just ordered a pair of Boardman casual cycle shorts for a fiver:
https://www.halfords.com/cycling/cycling-clothing/shorts-trousers/boardman-casual-cycle-shorts
Should be great for next spring when I just want a quick spin and can't be bothered to get all lycra'd up!
by
I reserved these, to pick up from Cycle Republic, later in the afternoon they phoned to say that Halfords website “had gone crazy” and they didn’t have them stock, and they weren’t on sale but a new release. The order is cancelled!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
by
I reserved these, to pick up from Cycle Republic, later in the afternoon they phoned to say that Halfords website “had gone crazy” and they didn’t have them stock, and they weren’t on sale but a new release. The order is cancelled!

Oh great, not heard anything yet, nor a confirmation.

D

Deleted member 26715

Oh great, not heard anything yet, nor a confirmation.
I've a mixed bag, shorts from Worksop, they rang up & cancelled as they said they couldn't find the stock, shorts at Doncaster I picked up, they looked on the system & it said there was another pair in the store but we couldn't find them. Still waiting for feedback about the jacket again from Worksop but that wasn't supposed ot be ready until 4pm

IaninSheffield

Veteran
The Altura tops & tights plus Sealskinz socks I'd reserved were waiting for me at the Crystal Peaks store - £20 for 4 items.
Tops good. Socks good. Tights? Well given that, for better and worse, I have the physique of a starved racing snake, the medium sized tights were incredibly ... well ... tight! Struggled to a) get them over my hips, and b) get my feet through the foot holes.
Still, having both Yorkshire & Scottish genes nevertheless left me pleased with the bargain prices. Kerching!

netman

Veteran
Managed to get 2 pairs of the Boardman shorts, Altura jersey, Altura hi-viz jacket and Boardman jacket - £31.50 after 10% discount. Have some Boardman bibshorts reserved at another local branch... thanks @Spiderweb for the heads-up.

AndreaJ

Veteran
Collected my Halfords order, mixed results one jersey wasn’t there and they had sent a bigger size in one as the one I wanted was out of stock but the the jersey they sent and the jacket with removable sleeves are really good especially at £15 for them both.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Not specifically cycle gear but outdoorsy and maybe worth posting here.
Lots of heavily reduced Regatta clothing, this jacket, also available in more subdued colour ways is reduced from £110 to £21! Plus extra 10% discount with code CLEARANCE10.
https://www.regatta.com/marauder-ii-pepper-red-black/
Edit - Plus 7% discount via Quidco may be honoured?

Last edited:
Top Bottom