Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
be careful though the 4700 hs cable routing inside the shifter that literally causes he cable to shred inside the shifter, if you go for them make sure you recable regularly as i had to take access panels off mine to get the cable out as it stopped working mid ride and had to get it out the hard way .

Drago

Legendary Member
Mine has been ok, but I run it on Ultegra cables, so whether or not that helps...?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Mine has been ok, but I run it on Ultegra cables, so whether or not that helps...?
mine seemed fine then they just packed up mide ride , its a known issue with all the newer design shimano shifters i read .Good shifters though i like them to use just a heads up to keep on top of cable upkeep

mine seemed fine then they just packed up mide ride , its a known issue with all the newer design shimano shifters i read .Good shifters though i like them to use just a heads up to keep on top of cable upkeep
I’ve experienced a similar problem with Ultegra 6800 shifters.

Apparently, ensuring that you use the correct ferrule going into the shifter is important. It’s the one with the short tail coming out of it.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
I've only had mine a couple of days. I really rate it.

Tom B

Guru
I really shouldn't ask as I think I am sorted but since the price is so good would be interested in your feedback when you get them, including on sizing. Vibram soles are really good.

First impressions are good. Size 8s actually fit, I've got a wide fitting foot and they fit. The soles are as expected. I've not fitted cleats yet (none spare and loathed to buy any because I need new pedals). I bought them with a view to using them on my MTB with flats.

I've walked around in them for a few hours atbhome and driven in them they better for driving than my other cycle shoes and better for walking in than most.

I might we'll take them on holiday as my only Cycling shoes and may end up using them for non foul weather commuting.

They're not light though. Not tried the waterproofing yet but in expect the usual cycle shoes problem (two big holes where your feet go in). Needed re lacing to make the laces pull tight.

All in all pretty chuffed and my thanks to the OP.

Attachments

• DSC_5716.JPG
    DSC_5716.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_5717.JPG
    DSC_5717.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_5718.JPG
    DSC_5718.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 6
First impressions are good. Size 8s actually fit, I've got a wide fitting foot and they fit. The soles are as expected. I've not fitted cleats yet (none spare and loathed to buy any because I need new pedals). I bought them with a view to using them on my MTB with flats.

I've walked around in them for a few hours atbhome and driven in them they better for driving than my other cycle shoes and better for walking in than most.

I might we'll take them on holiday as my only Cycling shoes and may end up using them for non foul weather commuting.

They're not light though. Not tried the waterproofing yet but in expect the usual cycle shoes problem (two big holes where your feet go in). Needed re lacing to make the laces pull tight.

All in all pretty chuffed and my thanks to the OP.
Many thanks for reporting back, much appreciated.
42s now gone though.

Tom B

Guru
splashing the cash about at the moment @Tom B..... not like you.

Reluctantly and wisely. Value value value. I had a rush of blood to the head when Bozza said I could go on holiday. Might let the missus have a shower and a poo at home (as opposed to using works water and toilet paper) to treat her.

Anyway I try to collar a few bargains. There is a crate of wintergreen and triangular sling bandages on eBay you might be interested in?

I keep meaning to pop to yours and drink your brews (save a few pence) but I'm not sure if you might be classed as covid dodgy.

Many thanks for reporting back, much appreciated.
42s now gone though.

Keep checking, there are sizes available now that weren't available last week.

Last edited:
Top Bottom