Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Planet X have stem bags on offer for £5 (usual price stated as £9.99 although last time I looked they were £12.99). plus £3.99 P&P.
They can go away with their rip off P&P and product quality worse than DHgate and Alliexpress.

They can go away with their rip off P&P and product quality worse than DHgate and Alliexpress.
it's my understanding that taxes will be imposed on direct buys from china from the begining of next year.
May also be customs complications.
The £15 tax free exemption is being removed I think.
what's DHgate.

I agree that a fair bit of PlanetX's "novelty" bits and bobs could be sourced independently from china for less.

Milzy

Guru
it's my understanding that taxes will be imposed on direct buys from china from the begining of next year.
May also be customs complications.
The £15 tax free exemption is being removed I think.
what's DHgate.

I agree that a fair bit of PlanetX's "novelty" bits and bobs could be sourced independently from china for less.
DHgate is fakes and tat, some of it not bad some of it rubbish. For example I got a Void kit which looks spot on and the jersey is fine but the pad in the bibs is terrible.

IF it is identical to the Lidl one it is to be avoided at all costs.
I've seen the exact same pump priced up to £50!
They are basic, but functional. My next track pump will be a better one, for sure!

D

Deleted member 26715

Decathlon free delivery today
Did anybody order? I ordered a bladder supposedly posted the same day with a RM tracking number which was never recognised by RM, several emails later they have created a new order today as a replacement.

Adam4868

Guru
Did anybody order? I ordered a bladder supposedly posted the same day with a RM tracking number which was never recognised by RM, several emails later they have created a new order today as a replacement.
I did thanks,recieved part of the order two days later and then the next part two days ago.

They are basic, but functional. My next track pump will be a better one, for sure!
don't pay too much - as I think you gather in contemporary cycling this doesn't guarantee quality.
Years ago I paid getting on for £70 for a supposedly super special Specialized track pump.
It developed a fault - I went into one of those upmarket Specialized stores (can't remember what they call them) to ask about a small spare part. They looked blank. One of the staff, who probably liked to see himself as a consultant, then asked how old the pump was and when I said "about 2 years" pretty much laughed in my face and told me to forget it. Haven't bought anything Spesh since.
My current track pump cost £15 from Edinburgh Bike-Coop - an own branded one. It's very good (may be a Giyo) but can't be serviced, which is a pity.
Topeak I would trust.

Reactions: mjr

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
i had a lidl or aldi pump cant remember which one but its ok but you have to let air out of a road tyre a bit to be able to pump more in as the pressure from the air in a tyre stops it working untill below a certain amount , im talking down to mebbe 60 psi befor eit will work .Ok as a back up but a bit rubbish tbh

i had a lidl or aldi pump cant remember which one but its ok but you have to let air out of a road tyre a bit to be able to pump more in as the pressure from the air in a tyre stops it working untill below a certain amount , im talking down to mebbe 60 psi befor eit will work .Ok as a back up but a bit rubbish tbh
seem to remember some sort of "jam" in a trackpump I bought in an Italian Lidl. Then it exploded. Don't think it ever actually pumped a tyre.

Top Bottom