Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Maybe not quite such a bargain as planet X claim but nevertheless cheap.
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BNBTS...273514545&mc_cid=c5d00f4e0c&mc_eid=50209ebaed

I usually use cheapo plastic things with one or two lock rings.

So some questions - how do you get them on then get them to stay put?

Do those leather things with stitching have any advantages over my usual plastic jobbies I used to get for around £3 or less?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
So some questions - how do you get them on then get them to stay put?

Do those leather things with stitching have any advantages over my usual plastic jobbies I used to get for around £3 or less?

They are OK for a retro/cafe racer build. Not so sure about daily use and rain/wet hands. Hairspray works.

Upgrade your plastic jobbies to some nicer double lock ons around the £15-£20 - much comfier. Quite liking my Ritchey Trail grips in matching frame colour (the tart).

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Tempted by the see sense light,anyone got one ?
No. Variable flash rates are not legal under the UK Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations.

Sixmile

Veteran

I have 2 of the rear icon lights and a front icon too. Some flash rates may not meet UK regs but there are 5 or 6 flash settings, including steady. The brightness is fully adjustable via your phone too. I've ordered an ace as it's definitely worth 20 dabs

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I have shoved in a drawer from which I won’t be pulling it out. I was an early backer on Kickstarter, things did not go well. It still does not work as well as promised. The worst thing is that it never truly switches off, so the battery goes flat. The smart functions of joining the Garmin light network have never worked and the mounting bands that it came with snapped within a couple of weeks. On the plus side it is nice and bright.

straas

Matt
I think I have one of the original versions. It seems to go from say 60% battery to 0% in a very short space of time.

I've arrived a few times at my destination and realised my light has not been on, no idea how long for...

Top Bottom