Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh and shall we agree to stop banging on about lights in the "Bargain" thread now?? It is Christmas xxx

:P
Anyone seen any bargains on Christmas lights?

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
If you bought the SeeSense Ace like I did, and use the clothing clip like I do, on my small Topeak saddle bag, I recommend you put a tie around the bottom of the clip to stop it falling off on a modestly bumpy road like mine did. Had to walk in the road to stop an Audi Q3 running it over. It's only a little bit chipped on one corner.

Slick

Guru
If anyone wants a See Sense Ace rear light one is available for £10 posted. As new. Used just once.
PM me for details.
I'll take it, last minute present for my brother, who won't spend a penny on himself so he can have mine and I'll take yours. :okay:

Well, as I've said to another guy who PM'd me....
I don't like it.
The app feels like it has been designed by a 2nd year GCSE student. I uninstalled it after 3 hours of pfarting around trying to get it to work reliably.
As to the unit itself? I left it on charge overnight so that the battery was as full as can be. Set it on pulse which is supposed to be the most economical setting. Went out for a 3 hour ride and it was dead as a dodo when I got back. Battery totally pancaked. Probably after about 2 hours. That's just not acceptable to me.
I've started the returns and refund procedure, and my comment was a bit tongue in cheek.

If you really, really want it I'll sell to you but I can't recommend it and can give no guarantees about its performance.

I don't bother with the app but the battery life on mine seems good. I'd say 8 to 10 hours judging by how much is left after a ride.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
My See.Sense Ace arrived today, my initial thought is that it feels really good quality and it is really really bright!
Edit - Easy to pair with my iPhone so I can remotely turn on and off, change the flash mode, see battery life etc. Really impressed, might get another one.
Pair with a phone ??? Maybe me but I’m totally. Not seeing the point of that !!

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Pair with a phone ??? Maybe me but I’m totally. Not seeing the point of that !!
Obviously you can turn the light on using the switch on the light and you can select basic flash modes but with the app you can turn on/off (no doubt this will reduce wear on the rubberised switch which can fail after time). You can select extra flash modes and brightness levels, You can also see what percentage battery charge is left and it’ll send you a low battery notification as and when. This is all I’ve used the app for so far but there are other app features too eg. brake light mode can be turned on so the light flashes brighter and faster under breaking. You can also get theft alerts if your bike is moved without you etc.

I used the see sense light for the first time today and I’m impressed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom