Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...Went out for a 3 hour ride and it was dead as a dodo when I got back. Battery totally pancaked. Probably after about 2 hours. That's just not acceptable to me.

I’ve have the same experience with my see.sense light. Went out for its maiden ride last with 94% battery, set to pulse and came home with 46% battery and I was only out 40mins; giving a total run time of about 90mins! Shall be reverting back to my cateye as I can’t be bothered charging it every 5mins!

Tom B

Guru
I’ve have the same experience with my see.sense light. Went out for its maiden ride last with 94% battery, set to pulse and came home with 46% battery and I was only out 40mins; giving a total run time of about 90mins! Shall be reverting back to my cateye as I can’t be bothered charging it every 5mins!

Just to be contrary. I'm happy with my see sense ace. Haven't been faffing about with the app just using it as a standard light. After almost 2hours use I'd only used one led of power.

Mine is on back of my helmet. Largely because I'm not sure on the mount.

it came in really handy as my 30month old Zecto drive and 3yr old strip drive lights stopped working in December.

Last edited:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Took the plunge. For the price I thought it was worth a punt. Came today.
Disappointing that the battery is pancake flat and will take 10 hours to charge.

The real let down is the app. More contradictory info than HMG's virus regulations. Sometimes it connects to the light and sometimes it doesn't. Charging levels are up and down like a bride's nightie.

I cannot even log in without agreeing to share my ride details with city planners. I never ride in cities, and who are these planners anyway?

Light is bright, at least it is at home. If battery life is any good then it could be a good purchase, but that app....??? I suspect it has been created by a bearded geek with skinny trousers and a North Korean haircut. He should stick to his skinny decaffeinated latte and get someone who understands apps and/or cycling to work for him.

I had a look at the reviews of the app on Google Play, and decided not to bother downloading it. Haven't tried out the life yet.

Adam4868

Guru
Late to the see sense party.I have one and haven't really had any issues with battery life ? Have the app on my phone but I'm not sure of the point of it ? I've just used it as a standalone light.
Had it on for 2 half/3 hours and it's still saying 80%.Sorry used the app to see battery life !

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
To get the app to work on my android 10 phone, I have to keep reinstalling it. I'll only bother with it when I want to change the settings. At the moment it has the brake light function & is bright enough for normal weather. Battery life seems OK so far too. The clothing clip seems unreliable though unless I tape or wire it up.

broady

Veteran
I got a planet double wheel bag 2 years ago...£10 in the sale.....cant fault it....really thick fabric and plenty of padding . crap colour ,,,yellow and blue but otherwise happy
I've had a few of the PX ones and a couple of other brands. They are good, but the Zipp one looks far superior

I got a planet double wheel bag 2 years ago...£10 in the sale.....cant fault it....really thick fabric and plenty of padding . crap colour ,,,yellow and blue but otherwise happy
I've got two. I agree that they are absolutely fine. Can't see the need to pay more. Price swings i think between £10 and £15 in planetx's usual way - pushes you into higher postage charge as well i think so maybe a good idea to order some tyres at the same time.

Top Bottom