Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
https://bankruptbikeparts.co.uk/

Don't know if these guys have been mentioned before. I've just found a difficult to locate item with them. They charge postage, but you can get post free via Ebay or Amazon.

Planet X seemed to have sorted out their weird algorithms. You can now get a pair of vittoria-zaffiro-iv-rigid-tyre in 700x25 or 700x30 for £3.99 postage instead of £6.99 DPD. As this tyre is only £4.99 I ordered a pair for the priceless sum of £13. Nearest competitor is selling for £10 a tyre!

Planet X seemed to have sorted out their weird algorithms. You can now get a pair of vittoria-zaffiro-iv-rigid-tyre in 700x25 or 700x30 for £3.99 postage instead of £6.99 DPD. As this tyre is only £4.99 I ordered a pair for the priceless sum of £13. Nearest competitor is selling for £10 a tyre!
thanks - that algorithm is/was bonkers - I had to take a tyre off an order recently as it bumped the postage up from £7.99 to £14.99 - I would have been paying a fair bit more on postage for the additional tyre than the tyre itself.

Big John

Guru
I've been buying the Zaffiro for years wherever I can lay my hands on them for peanuts. If you're after a workhorse training tyre for your winter hack you won't go far wrong with these. I wouldn't go as far as to say they're puncture proof but I've not had many over the years that I've used them. I've said it now, of course. When I go out next I'm in trouble, aren't I? 😒

davidphilips

Veteran
I've been buying the Zaffiro for years wherever I can lay my hands on them for peanuts. If you're after a workhorse training tyre for your winter hack you won't go far wrong with these. I wouldn't go as far as to say they're puncture proof but I've not had many over the years that I've used them. I've said it now, of course. When I go out next I'm in trouble, aren't I? 😒

Yes you are, you have challenged the puncture fairy.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

I bought two for the Ribble recently - £4.99. Absolutely fine tyres.

I've been buying the Zaffiro for years wherever I can lay my hands on them for peanuts. If you're after a workhorse training tyre for your winter hack you won't go far wrong with these.
Just to clarify the term "training tyre" - does it mean tyres that are maybe heavier, tougher, slower than the tyres speed merchants might put on for races?
If so, fine for me as though I sometimes do big distances I am not a racer, am a "general purpose" cyclist and value reliability and basic comfort over speed - and cheapness :smile:

edit I assume they can also be used in summer "training" or whatever.

Last edited:
Top Bottom