Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/WSVITTVNFPV/vittoria-valve-nut-for-presta-valve-tube
Reduced from £14.99 to 99p!!! In Px clearance. ;)
And a choice of flat edge or round edge!
A bargain at a tenth the sale price, methinks.
Presta Valve caps are also 99p each, reduced from £14.99. I’m ordering lots before they go back to full price!!

Big John

Guru
The workshop at the bike charity where I work has a floor littered with those things....caps and nuts. I never realised the hidden treasures around our feet. I'm going to sweep them up, sell a few on Fleabay and retire to the Seychelles. I'll wait though for the PlanetX sale to finish so I can charge the full whack of £14.99 each 👍

T4tomo

Legendary Member
How bizarre, a valve cap at least has a use (not that I'd pay for one) a valve nut is just ballast to be discarded.:laugh:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
How bizarre, a valve cap at least has a use (not that I'd pay for one) a valve nut is just ballast to be discarded.:laugh:
:eek: As well as stopping you pushing the valve into the rim when the tyre is flat, the valve nut is an adjustable small weight so you can counteract the weight of the joint strengthener inside the rim opposite the valve and balance the wheel perfectly. If you throw them away, then I bet when you pick your bike up, the wheels rotate to valve up. You'd feel the vibrations from that weight imbalance when riding if you were mechanically sensitive. 99p is worth it not to have your wheels unbalanced.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
In my local Tesco today and there where clearing out the Rolson innertubes for 75p picked up the last one but cannot go too wrong with that price, with a look if your nearby one

IMG_20210204_230537.jpg

Also cheap WD40 & tcut.

Top Bottom