Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
Only problem is the postage to the UK is £17.99!

I thought it was cheap.:laugh:

GuyBoden

Guru
Another search revealed this MicroShift M26 Rear Derailleur at £13, not forgetting that postage for UK is an extra £3.75.

I've not bought this, I'm just looking at the moment.

Max cog size 36t
Max Capacity 45T

"Steel and composite construction make this the most reliable derailleur in its class"

https://www.bikemonger.co.uk/microshift-m26-rear-derailleur-rd-m26l-22225-p.asp

Speed-Long-Cage-Shimano-Compatible-RD-M26L-600x480.jpg

Last edited:

Tom B

Guru
Perhaps I'm a bit behind the times here but who are microshift. They seem really popular at the moment but I hadn't heard of them 12months ago

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
They are a Shimano compatible groupset manufacturer. They have been around for years. They make pretty light good price point stuff. Decathlon started using them on some of their cheaper road bikes about 6 or 7 years ago.

vickster

Legendary Member
They are a Shimano compatible groupset manufacturer. They have been around for years. They make pretty light good price point stuff. Decathlon started using them on some of their cheaper road bikes about 6 or 7 years ago.

Yep, my Triban 500 has triple microshift. It’s ok for a commuter, it’s different to sram with the button built into the shifters, so I have to try to remember how to use it (not ridden the bike much)

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Perhaps I'm a bit behind the times here but who are microshift. They seem really popular at the moment but I hadn't heard of them 12months ago

Taiwanese. Make good, if unsexy, entry to mid level kit. The sort of gear you’d put on your all weather commuter, not your Sunday best.

GuyBoden

Guru
The 6/7 speed MicroShift M21 is currently on sale at Tweeks for £9 + PP
https://www.tweekscycles.com/microshift-m21-6-7-speed-rear-derailleur-2015608

Max. Sprocket: 32T
Total Capacity: 43T

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Microshift have some good kit now - and they are keeping manufacturing the 8,9, 10 speed mechs too.

And crucially they do Proper road 10 speed compatible stuff (i.e not Tiagra 4700), which also plays with 10 speed MTB shimano kit for bigger capacity rear mechs etc, so if an old 10 speed shifter breaks there are alternatives to scouring for 2nd hand on ebay.

They also do / did some reduced reach drop bar shifters, good for those with small hands / ladies / youngsters etc

Another search revealed this MicroShift M26 Rear Derailleur at £13, not forgetting that postage for UK is an extra £3.75.

I've not bought this, I'm just looking at the moment.

Max Capacity 45T

"Steel and composite construction make this the most reliable derailleur in its class"

https://www.bikemonger.co.uk/microshift-m26-rear-derailleur-rd-m26l-22225-p.asp

View attachment 644994

The 6/7 speed MicroShift M21 is currently on sale at Tweeks for £9 + PP
https://www.tweekscycles.com/microshift-m21-6-7-speed-rear-derailleur-2015608

Max. Sprocket: 32T
Total Capacity: 43T
And if they are anything like as versatile as Shimano, and I see no reason for them not to be, they will all do 2t more sprocket and an extra speed, amking them superb bargains.

GuyBoden

Guru
And crucially they do Proper road 10 speed compatible stuff (i.e not Tiagra 4700), which also plays with 10 speed MTB shimano kit for bigger capacity rear mechs etc, so if an old 10 speed shifter breaks there are alternatives to scouring for 2nd hand on ebay.

Yes, the Micoshift pull ratio is the same as older Shimano that is 1.7 pull.

And yes, would you buy a used worn out Shimano from Ebay or this piece of beautiful looking Engineering:
microshift-r10-rear-derailleur-377496-11.jpg

Micro shift are my favourite shifter type to use. One button for down shift and another for up shift with a brake lever that doesn’t rotate inwards. Only gripe with them is they haven’t yet worked out how to route the cables via the bars. Considering trying out the sensah empires.

Top Bottom