Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

siadwell

Guru
Word of warning on Ring doorbells. I believe that the only way you can view non-live footage with them is by subscribing to their cloud-based storage plan. Which means that they are not much use for security without additional costs. Of course, any footage stored in the cloud would be safer than that on a local SD card in rival products...

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Prendas have their Raceviz jacket at £30, down from £50: https://www.prendas.co.uk/products/wowow-bike-wind-jacket

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Word of warning on Ring doorbells. I believe that the only way you can view non-live footage with them is by subscribing to their cloud-based storage plan. Which means that they are not much use for security without additional costs. Of course, any footage stored in the cloud would be safer than that on a local SD card in rival products...

indeed its £35 for one or £80 a year for 2 or more , as mini ck 1 pointed out its cheaper to have 2 single accounts but you can link the devices to create a blanket zone and and link them to an alexa show under one account
Given the price of £59 with a free show when the official site is £89.99 just for the camera so if you like the device then still a bargain ?

Astrodamus

I think i have this issue.. one of mine works for viewing past clips, but my other one is useless and tries to get me to subscribe.. im super confused about it. Im concerned that if i pay up, then they will switch (now this one works and the one that used to work no longer allows viewing of previously recorded events)
I cant even watch live on my main one.. it just tells me i have 29 history events. I cant watch those nor can i watch live.
I remember before it was bought out

cyberknight

I think i have this issue.. one of mine works for viewing past clips, but my other one is useless and tries to get me to subscribe.. im super confused about it. Im concerned that if i pay up, then they will switch (now this one works and the one that used to work no longer allows viewing of previously recorded events)
I cant even watch live on my main one.. it just tells me i have 29 history events. I cant watch those nor can i watch live.
I remember before it was bought out

contact them is the best answer :smile: sounds like you have the basic plan for one device and you need to upgrade to the next plan for the second device to save clips

Smthers

Über Member
indeed its £35 for one or £80 a year for 2 or more , as mini ck 1 pointed out its cheaper to have 2 single accounts but you can link the devices to create a blanket zone and and link them to an alexa show under one account
Given the price of £59 with a free show when the official site is £89.99 just for the camera so if you like the device then still a bargain ?

Until very recently was £25 a year for one. I stuck 2 fingers up and went with the Eufy equivalent. Ring is owned by Amazon, so can hardly see how they justify such a steep increase.

cyberknight

Until very recently was £25 a year for one. I stuck 2 fingers up and went with the Eufy equivalent. Ring is owned by Amazon, so can hardly see how they justify such a steep increase.

ahh well good for you although the post stands as a "bargain" compared to the normal price

mikeIow

Guru
FYI.....GoOutdoors in Loughborough have a "closing for refurb" sale - everything 30% off. Not sure when they close for refurb, but some decent bargains in the cycle section as well as elsewhere.

Went in for a look at a couple of shirts & a water bottle....
....accidentally bought myself a mountain bike 👀

& no, I hadn't been actively looking for one at all really....but it was too much of a bargain to not give it a whirl 🤷‍♂️
Somehow spent over £600 😱 Best go frugal for the rest of summer 🤣

@mikelow it might be worth sussing out if they are closing the cycle department and replacing it with a local dealer? They did that with ours and it’s now got a wheelbase in it.

When ours was refurbished they didn’t close it as such, just ran all the stock down and worked out of hours. It looks the bees knees now.

mikeIow

Guru
@mikelow it might be worth sussing out if they are closing the cycle department and replacing it with a local dealer? They did that with ours and it’s now got a wheelbase in it.

When ours was refurbished they didn’t close it as such, just ran all the stock down and worked out of hours. It looks the bees knees now.

Must admit I wouldn't normally be using them for cycle bits, tbh - plenty of LBSs closer to us, but they did have some decent prices.....& being involved in Scouting gets a little extra off on top :angel:

Yep, love that 10% off. Both my boys are in the respective scout clubs for their age.

It helps that the leaders for the section all work in the store! Ha ha

Top Bottom