Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Javelin301

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265173977601

Should you need a 26" wheel with a dynohub this is a steal at £25. I got one, seems fine for my Sardar

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
A replacement pair of the dhb shoes i returned arrived today one size smaller so my normal shoe size , a bit tight with the standard insoles as i have wide feet luckily i had some thinner ones from my old northwaves which made them a good fit .I reckon if your a normal fit then the wiggle advice of going 1 size smaller than your normal shoe would seem about right ,
I will still stand by the post earlier about pricing that im not sure they would be worth rrp but for £35 a good buy

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Anyone near Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham?

Why?

Why indeed. But it's a possible bargain if you're near Sutton Coldfield: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354282029104 for 50p currently.

They've listed it in 'Bike Wheels & Wheelsets' rather than the 'Bicycles' category AND it's collection only.

s-l1600.jpg

Petrichorwheels

Interesting you say that @Petrichorwheels . My new Altura jacket arrived today with a popper missing. I put down the zip failure on my previous jacket to my clumsiness, but your comments and their current low prices lead me to think that they have quality issues.

I think that's my last purchase from them.

you're tough :smile:
though I will definitely be wary.
The shorts looked like the cheapest of cheap stuff from Lidl or Aldi - definitely not worth their supposed normal price.
I have lots of altura stuff from their earliest days and had always rated.
zips often the weak point - I always check them first on any garment - had to return a Craghoppers jacket recently as they had clearly skimped on the zip.

(edit - am not having a go at Aldi/Lidl - have a fair bit of their stuff, particularly first - good experiences with aldi zips apart from an old pair of overshoes)

Last edited:

Petrichorwheels

Anyone near Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham?

Why?

Why indeed. But it's a possible bargain if you're near Sutton Coldfield: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354282029104 for 50p currently.

They've listed it in 'Bike Wheels & Wheelsets' rather than the 'Bicycles' category AND it's collection only.

View attachment 661225

early days though.
I assume they are doing the thing of having a low start-price no real reserve hoping that it will attract views and start a late bidding war.

Flloyd

Regular
I can purchase this for £760 - do we think it's a good price? It's in great condition and is on sale currenly for £1200 on the Decathlon site.

Is it good value?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    457.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 11

Adam4868

Guru
I can purchase this for £760 - do we think it's a good price? It's in great condition and is on sale currenly for £1200 on the Decathlon site.

Is it good value?
Looks nice...seems quite a bit for a second hand bike if that's what it is ? If you like it and it's worth that too you,why not.Nice colour.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just be aware that buying used (however lightly) you won’t get the lifetime frame warranty that Decathlon offers on new Tribans

Fastpedaller

Yesterday I saw a handy little 'garden sprayer' in Lidl, priced at £4.99 - Is it a bargain? I'm unsure, but it's certainly useful for cleaning the bike! With a little cleaner fluid and some water, I just pumped it up and when moving the lever it gives a good spray without being a bearing-flooding power washer. With a brush in one hand and the spray in the other, 2 bikes were cleaned in a few minutes.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yesterday I saw a handy little 'garden sprayer' in Lidl, priced at £4.99 - Is it a bargain? I'm unsure, but it's certainly useful for cleaning the bike! With a little cleaner fluid and some water, I just pumped it up and when moving the lever it gives a good spray without being a bearing-flooding power washer. With a brush in one hand and the spray in the other, 2 bikes were cleaned in a few minutes.

I have one to clean the bike with. Does what it's supposed to do. £4.99 is a good price.

Top Bottom