Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
And the elastic in the leggings gets weak , i had to buy some liquid rubber that you use to add grip to socks to stop them riding up.
Ah that was your track sprinter thighs that stretched and weakened the elastic. :notworthy:

I have these shorts bought on a previous planet x special offer , they are very comfortable. But they are short . I’m 193 cm and prefer longer shorts , these are mid thigh on me. Not a loss they will be used in the winter under longs.

I've had their clubman 3/4s for a good few years now. Will be digging them out in the next few weeks I think. Very well made.

Big John

Guru
I'd agree with the faults already pointed out but even so at this price they're a steal. Until I win the lottery and can afford Rapha or Assos they'll do for me in my retirement 👍

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
dont get me wrong for the price great and i have some rubber solution left so i wouldnt hesitate to buy them again although at last count i had over 15 pairs of shorts including 6 i bought in an end of sale bargain at £10 each down form £60 over xmas i have only worn a couple of times so im sorted for a few years :smile:

Last edited:

chris-suffolk

I'd agree with the faults already pointed out but even so at this price they're a steal. Until I win the lottery and can afford Rapha or Assos they'll do for me in my retirement 👍

I'd argue that Assos can work out cheapest. Assuming the shorts discussed above last a year (and they might not last that long given the things people have said) that's £15 for a year. My assos shorts cost me about £115 eight years ago, and aren't done yet, so that's £14.40 a year, and they still have life - no elastic stretching, no wear inside or out, and still a great fit and great pad. Cheapest isn't always cheapest.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'd argue that Assos can work out cheapest. Assuming the shorts discussed above last a year (and they might not last that long given the things people have said) that's £15 for a year. My assos shorts cost me about £115 eight years ago, and aren't done yet, so that's £14.40 a year, and they still have life - no elastic stretching, no wear inside or out, and still a great fit and great pad. Cheapest isn't always cheapest.

Buy Decathlon and you'll win all round. ^_^

All uphill

Still rolling along
Altura have an end of season sale on their website. 50% off many items.

I bought a waterproof Nightvision jacket today for £30 +£3.95 p+p. I bought my current identical one for £53 + p+ p in 2019 and the zips have just failed.

Have they gone transparent at the back or have they fixed that now?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire

I have had a pair of Planet X bibs for about six years so just over £2 per year.:whistle:;)^_^ I also have a pair of Castelli bibs, a pair of Giordana bibs and a pair of Mavic bibs which may have cost a tad more. :laugh:

Petrichorwheels

Altura have an end of season sale on their website. 50% off many items.

I bought a waterproof Nightvision jacket today for £30 +£3.95 p+p. I bought my current identical one for £53 + p+ p in 2019 and the zips have just failed.

mm- zips failed after 3 years and you are up for another?

(on altura I bought a very nice looking (on screen) altura jacket from Chain Reaction recently.
Not only were it, and the Altura long shorts I bought rather cheap looking compared to Altura stuff I have bought in the past, and rated highly, the sizing was all to cock (Altura large I could always count on to fit) - so both will be going back.

Last edited:

All uphill

Still rolling along
mm- zips failed after 3 years and you are up for another?

(on altura I bought a very nice looking (on screen) altura jacket from Chain Reaction recently.
Not only were it, and the Altura long shorts I bought rather cheap looking compared to Altura stuff I have bought in the past, and rated highly, the sizing was all to cock (Altura large I could always count on to fit) - so both will be going back.

Interesting you say that @Petrichorwheels . My new Altura jacket arrived today with a popper missing. I put down the zip failure on my previous jacket to my clumsiness, but your comments and their current low prices lead me to think that they have quality issues.

I think that's my last purchase from them.

I have a cheap dog walking coat from Altura. Zip seems fine after a few years.
Another branded jackets zip gave up the ghost after a while. Had it rezipped for a tenner or so. 👍

Top Bottom