Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
What's this modern 9 speed stuff, mines 7 and 8 speed!

I am actually quite confused. Surely a triple front mech just does the three at the front regardless of 7,8 or 9 at the back.

I bought a new triple front mech recently and as long as it was the right size for my seat stay that's all I was concerned about. Fitted it and Bob was your brother's brother.

Petrichorwheels

Yup, triple Sora rocks! Bought one, as mine is getting a bit worn out...
In fact, I went back in and got a new Sora GS rear derailleur for a tenner! All upgraded!

:smile:

I bought two of the mechs - one shorter cage, one longer - allowing for ageing and needing a bigger cog on the back of the bike.
At that price almost worth it just for the jockey wheels.
Was rather surprised to see chain reaction selling the stuff - thought they had given up on 9 speed.
Don't expect to see the like again.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
:smile:

I bought two of the mechs - one shorter cage, one longer - allowing for ageing and needing a bigger cog on the back of the bike.
At that price almost worth it just for the jockey wheels.
Was rather surprised to see chain reaction selling the stuff - thought they had given up on 9 speed.
Don't expect to see the like again.

Seeing 9 speed Sora on new bikes in the 1k bracket so I doubt it's going anytime soon

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Here’s a code for free delivery at Planet X;
PXFREECSPOST.

FCE6B603-06EB-4B46-BF31-0D3E635E35F4.jpeg

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Sigma Sports have the Conti GP5000 tan wall tyre in 25mm size at £30, which is the cheapest I've found anywhere: https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Continental/GP5000-Clincher-Tyre/KJ5Z

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
This is more of a general one, but one that I ignored untill about a month ago.

Vinted. It's an online marketplace kind of a hybrid between eBay and FB Marketplace but primarily aimed at clothes. When I first tried it a few years ago it was very fashion oriented. But now there is all sorts on it. I wanted to build up a decent collection of winter cycle wear as I'll be commuting a bit more this winter as we prep a new office for opening.

I have built a fab collection of tops, jackets and bib shorts & tights for about £100, all decent brands including castelli, endura, flab amongst others.

Also a good place to flog any clothes you no longer need.

Hope it helps someone.

Chislenko

Veteran
This is more of a general one, but one that I ignored untill about a month ago.

Vinted. It's an online marketplace kind of a hybrid between eBay and FB Marketplace but primarily aimed at clothes. When I first tried it a few years ago it was very fashion oriented. But now there is all sorts on it. I wanted to build up a decent collection of winter cycle wear as I'll be commuting a bit more this winter as we prep a new office for opening.

I have built a fab collection of tops, jackets and bib shorts & tights for about £100, all decent brands including castelli, endura, flab amongst others.

Also a good place to flog any clothes you no longer need.

Hope it helps someone.

Glad you have found some bargains but, and it may be just me, I just can't get my head around wearing second hand bib shorts!

Just imagine if the previous owner had had an itchy backside and was inserting his / her finger in to scratch it!!

I just can't get past the image.

Milzy

Guru
Glad you have found some bargains but, and it may be just me, I just can't get my head around wearing second hand bib shorts!

Just imagine if the previous owner had had an itchy backside and was inserting his / her finger in to scratch it!!

I just can't get past the image.

I’d never use second hand bibs. If they were £300 RRP and sold for £50 I still couldn’t do it knowing sweaty ball sack & dribbling veg been in there.

Top Bottom