Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Why do you need a mag though? It’s all adds for rich MAMIL. This forum has all the info you need, you can even talk about crazy stuff in the cafe not cycling related or upset people with your political views.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Why do you need a mag though? It’s all adds for rich MAMIL. This forum has all the info you need, you can even talk about crazy stuff in the cafe not cycling related or upset people with your political views.

pro cycling was a very good mag about the sport , interviews, features etc all based around road racing with very little reviews/ adverts on rich boys toys

rualexander

Legendary Member
Does anyone get cycling magazines free through their library using press reader?

My annual "Readly" sub is up next month and they didn't have the big sale for a years gift card that they had last year so looking for other sources.....saw online that going the library route may be a way...

Yes, I moved from Readly to Pressreader a year or so ago.
Great app.
Use it free in combination with my library card details.
You have to log out and back in again, re-entering your library details about once a month or they try to put you on the paid service, but it's no big deal to do so.
Cycling Weekly, Cyclist, Cycling Plus, Mountain Biking UK, MBR are the main cycling mags that are available.
Not as big a selection as Readly, but I think it depends on your council library service which ones they are subscribed to, so you may find more, or less.

rualexander

Legendary Member
Carrots are a remarkable bargain at the moment 😂
Bag of seven for 24p in Aldi
23p/kg in Sainsbury's

I remember when I was in primary school in the late sixties and early seventies, we used to buy a penny carrot at the corner shop at lunch time or on the way home, so they were either expensive then or they are very cheap now.

Bananas, at about 14p each also always surprise me how cheap they are.

tom73

Guru
Yes, I moved from Readly to Pressreader a year or so ago.
Great app.
Use it free in combination with my library card details.
You have to log out and back in again, re-entering your library details about once a month or they try to put you on the paid service, but it's no big deal to do so.
Cycling Weekly, Cyclist, Cycling Plus, Mountain Biking UK, MBR are the main cycling mags that are available.
Not as big a selection as Readly, but I think it depends on your council library service which ones they are subscribed to, so you may find more, or less.

You're right about depending on Library service as to what's on offer or has limited access to the App. Equally some are not signed up at all.

Good morning,

That link took me to Fulcrum 900s, not 700s:sad:

900s were on special offer https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/planet-x.288356/ for £80 or £89 (I've forgotten which) when this link was posted and are mostly sold in the £120-£150 range.

So they have been "reduced" from £89 to £109:laugh:

Wiggle have them for £89 at the moment.
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/fulcrum-ra...IyAsctNpaIXnCG10RQEaAoRCEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

In truth they are a very basic wheel and are not cheap "campag".

IMG_1815.JPG

The ride seems harsh, ,maybe I should put some tyres on them.:laugh:

For me Planet X is a ruined brand, they are sort of like Sports Direct, so much stuff has massive discounts that end up with the price being the same as everyone else selling the same product.

So whenever I see something on offer I always look elsewhere and often find it just as cheap and if I can't find it I wonder about the quality! It doesn't help having extra brands such as On One which confuses me about the business's identity.

Bye

Ian

Last edited:

davidphilips

Veteran
Wiggle have them at £90: Wiggle

Just seen that and with free postage, seems a really great deal/ remember having a set of fulcrum 7 wheels years ago and they lasted years even fitted new bearings a very easy job lasted until the rims where worn out perhaps due to using them in all weathers?
Can not under stand why so many worn used wheels sell for so much more than the price of a new set like this on Ebay?

Top Bottom