Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Used them for yonks, never got on the handle bit however, but seem to be sufficient torque on them without it.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Lidl have a set of Hex keys for £4.99 as a special buy.

Like others I have been using a set of these for a couple of years as my main hex tool for bike work.

I did once when attempting to released a stuck bolt using the handle manage to trap my skin in the handle, that was very painful.

Good Vfm

Attachments

• 7439EC8D-B130-4C1C-97B4-55FD61D85B12.png
    7439EC8D-B130-4C1C-97B4-55FD61D85B12.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 4

vickster

Legendary Member

Very heavy though
23lb is not heavy, let alone very heavy. It just isn't. My Scott weighs the same, and if ancient, crippled me can pick it up with one hand, it ain't heavy. Richard Ballantine: "bikes over 35lb are difficult to get moving, bikes under 25lb seem to go down the road by themselves".
Plainly, things have moved on somewhat, but that's light for a metal bike. It would outweigh my old Scott were it not for the carbon fork. But then this is also a load-lugger, whereas the Scott is a pure road bike, max 25mm tires, no guards, etc. So in that respect and comparison, it's a light bike!

vickster

Legendary Member
For an extra 2t? Unless you've already pushed the spec, I doubt your mech will even notice, let alone complain. Unless, that is, SRAM stuff is more finicky than Shimano?

My understanding that is SRAM medium road mechs will only take an 11-32.
Don’t know for sure but I’m not going to buy a cassette, new chain and get LBS to fit for couple more gears I don’t need to find out it doesn’t work. :smile:

Top Bottom