Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Has anyone had the planetx apex alloy RT-58 delivered yet?
It's still at £500 and I'm tempted... or it might be the cx Boardman bike in the for sale section.
The amazon bargains seem to have all gone back up in price too! Were they a mistake?
Not apex, rival. 22 speed. For £500 :ohmy: Yes, mine arrived in a week and I did 15 miles on it yesterday. As has Russ

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/new-road-bike-for-£500.181514/page-5

Bargain :smile: and can't fault the service

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXRT58ALRIV22/planet-x-rt-58-alloy-sram-rival-22-road-bike

Last edited:

Steve T

Veteran
Speaking without any bias the CX Boardman is a bargain too lol, BTW posted your clothes out today and I owe £1.80 as postage was only £2.20 ....

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm sure it is. The blue px sure is pretty though :smile: and new and shiny

Different machines ultimately. Although the px handled local poor road surfaces well

There are no rack lugs and I don't think you'd get a full mudguard on even with 23mm tyres

broady

Veteran
@vickster
What is the weight of the bike? I had forgot it was rival and not apex!
I would have loved to have had a quick go on the cx to see what I thought of it and to make my mind up.
My ideal bike would be full carbon, with disc brakes and have 105 or higher. I think that will be some time off on my budget

vickster

Legendary Member
9kg maybe. Feels pretty light

Steve T

Veteran
@vickster
What is the weight of the bike? I had forgot it was rival and not apex!
I would have loved to have had a quick go on the cx to see what I thought of it and to make my mind up.
My ideal bike would be full carbon, with disc brakes and have 105 or higher. I think that will be some time off on my budget
Annoying cos I finished at 12 and could have popped round but being a new job and a colleague I hadn't met before I didn't want to chance it, As far as the Planet X is concerned it is a good deal I must admit I was tempted to buy it just for the groupset.

Top Bottom