Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

broady

Veteran
My 600xl does about 1hr 20 mins on 600 lumen.
On the economy setting it lasts all week.
I'm on generally well lit roads with one section of darkness for 1 1/2 miles.

wonderloaf

Veteran
Looks like the Black Friday deals are hitting Zeek, discounted gift vouchers available for Evans and Decathlon:
https://www.zeek.me/buy-gift-vouchers/evans-cycles#
https://www.zeek.me/buy-gift-vouchers/decathlon
Good if you're buying a high value item, like a new bike! :smile:

wonderloaf

Veteran
Thats a bargain for the 600XL combo, the front light is always just over £40 on its own. I have the 600Xl, loads of light even at the "standard" setting of 400 lumens, at that level I get just under 2hrs 30 mins
That's a good price, I was going ask Mrs W to get me the 800XL for Xmas, but at that price might change my mind. Would there be any big perceivable difference in light output? I want something that will allow me to cycle along unlit roads after work this winter (ie now!).

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
How are you getting on with the light? I bought the 650. Great power but absolutely awful battery life. I was switching mine off when not needed during my ride last night and it still only managed around an hour and that was rarely on full power. Either the cold really affects it or it just doesn't last. I did warm it up before going outside too as suggested in the manual.
Been doing ok but like most batteries they take a few cycles to get up to peak performance. Mine is used as a low level light, if I need a high powered light I use the solarstorm x3

Odd post maybe but a very special thanks to the person who on here a fair while ago posted about the altura varium jacket from a scottish shop. Only just started wearing it (complicated reasons) and it's truly wondrous. Even in pretty cold weather i can get by with just an aldi merino base layer under it. Rode to brighton in the middle of the night a few days ago - chucked it down at the end and it held up wonderfully. Thanks again.

Odd post maybe but a very special thanks to the person who on here a fair while ago posted about the altura varium jacket from a scottish shop. Only just started wearing it (complicated reasons) and it's truly wondrous. Even in pretty cold weather i can get by with just an aldi merino base layer under it. Rode to brighton in the middle of the night a few days ago - chucked it down at the end and it held up wonderfully. Thanks again.
3 years ago! Have to agree, its a great jacket

jay clock

Massive member
Thanks for the heads up. Have ordered one.

Graham
Mine arrived and it was not what I was expecting or wanted. The front is sheet of pure pvc/nylon (non breathable) with no backing at all - back is roubaix material. May suit some people but not me. Not a bargain but have just bought a windproof softshell from Decathlon which looks the part and will be tested tomorrow

Mine arrived and it was not what I was expecting or wanted. The front is sheet of pure pvc/nylon (non breathable) with no backing at all - back is roubaix material. May suit some people but not me. Not a bargain but have just bought a windproof softshell from Decathlon which looks the part and will be tested tomorrow

Same here. A bit plasticky on the front and not a particularly good fit, which is unusual as Endura kit normally fits me quite well.

Have just returned mine.

Graham.

Top Bottom