Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Some versions showing as unavailable but others still available,worth a punt at £5 thanks
Um.. all seemed unavailable when I tried so ended up with a £10 Sigma BC 12.12 which seems to have reasonably good reviews and for work use is more useful than the one I have which has no computer upload and a dam sight less worrying than my Garmin if I lose it! Might get used shortly as I had my long awaited knee op on Tuesday and can start "light" cycling from Dec 13 onwards, although quite how far given hills in most directions (what exactly passes as "light" cycling?)

vickster

Legendary Member
Um.. all seemed unavailable when I tried so ended up with a £10 Sigma BC 12.12 which seems to have reasonably good reviews and for work use is more useful than the one I have which has no computer upload and a dam sight less worrying than my Garmin if I lose it! Might get used shortly as I had my long awaited knee op on Tuesday and can start "light" cycling from Dec 13 onwards, although quite how far given hills in most directions (what exactly passes as "light" cycling?)
Probably means on a turbo. Or exercise bike. What was up with your knee?

U

User6179

Strange about your proofing. As I said mine went through a downpour of at least an hour on the way to Brighton and then stood up to storm wotsit last week. Maybe you got a dud.

My two mates bought one of those Jackets , one leaked on the arms first ride and the other the zip broke quite quickly , My mate got me one when he was at the shop but I punted it on Ebay without wearing it as every second bike I saw around here the rider was wearing one ^_^

Mike_P

Guru
Probably means on a turbo. Or exercise bike. What was up with your knee?
Arthritic plus a lipoma that was removed. Have a folding indoor exercise bike, the one from Amazon I posted earlier about - bought unnecessarily the "heavy" version whilst it was seriously reduced (now back to £144) on the basis its hopefully got better bearings etc than the lighter version having managed to destroy four of them from Argos!

vickster

Legendary Member
Are you seeing a Physio?

I'm sure they told you but when elevating or lying, support leg under foot/ankle/calf not knee and keep doing those heel slides to stops at tissue and lost ROM :smile:

Mike_P

Guru
Are you seeing a Physio?

I'm sure they told you but when elevating or lying, support leg under foot/ankle/calf not knee and keep doing those heel slides to stops at tissue and lost ROM :smile:
Have to go back on Dec 22 to see the surgeon so maybe a physio thereafter. Um.. did not say anything about not supporting at the knee, in fact have an exercise to do which involves supporting the knee!

vickster

Legendary Member
Have to go back on Dec 22 to see the surgeon so maybe a physio thereafter. Um.. did not say anything about not supporting at the knee, in fact have an exercise to do which involves supporting the knee!
Yes for an exercise maybe, but not when sitting with the leg up for extended periods, you need to get it extension back as possible :smile:

My two mates bought one of those Jackets , one leaked on the arms first ride and the other the zip broke quite quickly , My mate got me one when he was at the shop but I punted it on Ebay without wearing it as every second bike I saw around here the rider was wearing one ^_^
no probs so far but thanks for the info. I will try to be careful with the zips. I don't care if other folk are wearing the same thing if it's good.

U

User6179

no probs so far but thanks for the info. I will try to be careful with the zips. I don't care if other folk are wearing the same thing if it's good.

Still plenty of riders using them around here so they have not all fell apart .

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Everyones favourite bike shop has Conti Gatorskins in 700c x 23 and 700c x 25 on offer at just £18 each - that's a pair for £36!

And BC members get the usual 10% off that too, making a pair just £32.40.

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-parts/bike-tyres/continental-gatorskin-bike-tyre-700c-x-25c

I don't actually need any new tyres at the moment, but at that price I might get a pair for when I do. ;)

After briefly going back up to £32 each, Gatorskins are back at £18 each at Halfords, while stocks last. I've ordered mine. ;)

Top Bottom