Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
Excellent. code worked for me and was £2.99. My wife has Prime so no p&p either
OK so they arrived. Look fantastic and light output excellent. however the rear one rubber strap broke on first attempt to fit it. so a bit crap. And at 2.99 I cannot be arsed to complain

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Bought these bike lights with a discount code that popped up on my Facebook feed for £2.99,
The code was DSDA8859 although I tried it again and the price seems to have gone up to £3.99, it may or may not work.
They look good and bright for the money so we'll see.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rechargeab...00V755NJ0/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

OK so they arrived. Look fantastic and light output excellent. however the rear one rubber strap broke on first attempt to fit it. so a bit crap. And at 2.99 I cannot be arsed to complain

Mine arrived today too. Very pleased for £2.99 - they look and feel considerably more expensive. Thanks. :okay:

gaijintendo

Veteran
Mine arrived today too. Very pleased for £2.99 - they look and feel considerably more expensive. Thanks. :okay:
I also received mine today, and the rear light seems plenty bright enough.

A word of warning about the front light. If you are using the rechargable battery, the extender included seems a turn too long. I would advise you don't tighten it fully as damaging Lithium cells can end explosively. They seem to be aware of this, and have painted a couple of mm down the thread, and added a rubber spacer that is a little too small.

It might be over-cautiousness on my part, but I would leave that last mm rather than making it airtight.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I also received mine today, and the rear light seems plenty bright enough.

A word of warning about the front light. If you are using the rechargable battery, the extender included seems a turn too long. I would advise you don't tighten it fully as damaging Lithium cells can end explosively. They seem to be aware of this, and have painted a couple of mm down the thread, and added a rubber spacer that is a little too small.

It might be over-cautiousness on my part, but I would leave that last mm rather than making it airtight.
I found mine a bit tight too but tightened it up believing it should be that way to keep out water, maybe I'll loosen it off a touch, no probs with the rear light.

simon.r

Person
Altura Slipstream jacket down from £50 to £17: http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Altura-Slipstream-Performance-Waterproof-Jacket_89488.htm

Available in blue, sizes M, L and XL.

gaijintendo

Veteran
I found mine a bit tight too but tightened it up believing it should be that way to keep out water, maybe I'll loosen it off a touch, no probs with the rear light.
I suspect if you have tightened it fully, and there is no dent in the negative terminal, you should be golden. I was surprised the spring didn't take up more slack. Like I say, overcautious perhaps, but I recently had a house fire as the result of a lithium battery overcharging in a work lamp...

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Scorcher of a deal right here...

Smart R1 Luggage Mounted Rear Light Without Bracket

£2.99 for a Smart R1 light. Perfect for those with Carradice backs or rucksacks with the little loop at the back for lights

Even the one that DOES come with the mounting bracket is only 1p more.

Smart Lunar R1 Rear Led Bike Light 1 Watt (With Mount)

I Bought 2 of them. The sad part is the shopping cart is telling me i need to spend another £94 to qualify for free delivery.... what the fark :ohmy:

Fingers crossed its the one that has 'group ride' mode

Last edited:

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
Love my R1. Think I got mine for a similar price a couple of years ago. Great commuter light for the price, even at full price, in my humble opinion. :smile:

Top Bottom