Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
According to one of the reviews it comes as a gift pack so I would imagine that you could buy it and keep it until your current membership expires, mines due in April so perfect timing

So could you buy 5 of them and stack them up? Or is there an expiry?

Yes but with CRC you have to spend £99 IIRC. Halfords everything in store, including click and collect. Online purchases paid online and delivered are exempt

At the elite level, blatant sexism and bullying of females by men seems to be the issue. A woman has recently been appointed to head up BC and hopefully more male heads will roll

thanks for the info on the discount. It was the culture of bullying that has until now put me off joining the thing (oh how the shine has gone off british cycling lower caps) .To be honest, your view of the future aint necessarily encouraging - women can bully as well - would be a rum do if one lot of over focussed nutjobs were replaced by another (as happens all too often with social revolutions) - there is clearly a sickness at the heart of Brit cycling - realise I've thread diverted somewhat but it is relevant to me giving that body my cash/tacit approval.

vickster

Legendary Member
thanks for the info on the discount. It was the culture of bullying that has until now put me off joining the thing (oh how the shine has gone off british cycling lower caps) .To be honest, your view of the future aint necessarily encouraging - women can bully as well - would be a rum do if one lot of over focussed nutjobs were replaced by another (as happens all too often with social revolutions) - there is clearly a sickness at the heart of Brit cycling - realise I've thread diverted somewhat but it is relevant to me giving that body my cash/tacit approval.

Not necessarily if the sick individuals are no longer there (Shane Sutton as one example)

Depends why you are a member - me, honestly, for the insurance benefits & discounts. I have little interest in elite cycling ultimately, and won't ever join a club or race

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Not necessarily if the sick individuals are no longer there (Shane Sutton as one example)

Depends why you are a member - me, honestly, for the insurance benefits & discounts. I have little interest in elite cycling ultimately, and won't ever join a club or race
Never mind the discrimination, feel the discounts, huh? :sad: It's great if they've appointed a woman to do some cleaning ( :rolleyes: ), but the attitudes seem pretty ingrained through the whole organisation from top management to local clubs - the women-make-the-cakes-and-drinks stuff and rarity of women's club races (are the bizarre 3JVW combined races still common?) is obvious, but the acts that discourage "wobblies and gimps" and BAME (Lord knows the Shane-style term for that!) are more subtle.

If you mainly want insurance, LCC's is cheaper and BC's discounts tend to be at chain stores who try to put good local bike shops under and who won't contribute 0.1% to the Bike Hub cycling grants, so I feel BC membership would not be a bargain even if they gave it away.

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp

I couldn't agree more Vickster ! :okay:

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
Can anybody recommend which Polaris bib shorts are better? Venom pro, or Pursuit?

A one off, but 2016 Specialized Crux Expert, rrp £3200 , one season use and totally reserviced with new tyres and bars, rode to Scottish CX champs in December, on sale for £1650 at Leslie Bike Shop. Great spec, weighs 8kg if that.

If I did not need the race licence I would not give them a plugged nickel.

Top Bottom