Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
Planet X selling their London Road frame sets at £175. Good do-it-all frame for commuting, paths or winter road bike. http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FRPXLONROD/planet-x-london-road-frameset

Seen at my local tescos, in case you can't wait for 50 ("approx") Wiggle orders.
light (4).jpg

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Altura Varium waterproof jacket RRP £149.99 sizes Small, X Large and XX Large in black all currently under £40 at the moment here https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0124B99NG/

Just got mine today, went xxl as that was all that was left. Normally I'm xl but after others comments about snug fit went with it, fits well.
Not really sure what this £150 jacket offers over the £40 night vision other than construction material but at £29 you can't go wrong.

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
Not sure if this qualifies as a bargain, but it impressed me. I'd been craving a Garmin Edge 520, and also needed an HRM, speed and cadence sensor.

So I could easily have paid £80 for the HRM plus sensors, and second hand 520's are usually around £150. Halfords are price matching on the Edge 520, bringing it down to £247, minus BC discount bought it down to £222. I also have a 5% cashback based on my debit card (UWDC Cashback card), with Halfords, so that's down to £211.

The bundle includes the Edge 520 of course, the speed and cadence sensors (new style separate), plus (and this was an unexpected bonus), the outfront mount, worth another £30.

So I'm pretty pleased. Well over £100 off RRP.

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/cyc...h-heart-rate-monitor-and-cadence-speed-sensor

gareth01244

Veteran
On the subject of Halfords, popped into my local shop tonight and they had Karcher K2 compact pressure washers reduced to £40, normally around £74. They had 3 left as well as the K4 compact which i couldn't resist as they retail at £189. From what i could tell they are last years model as there was a new display of Karcher k2 and k4s near them and the boxes looked slightly different. Used my BC discount card as well.
So if you are in need of one it might be worth checking your local store

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
The stationery store formerly known as Staples on the Meteor Centre in Derby is now known as Office Outlet. Today they had a couple of Garmin Edge 200s ok clearance for £51 each.

Just got mine today, went xxl as that was all that was left. Normally I'm xl but after others comments about snug fit went with it, fits well.
Not really sure what this £150 jacket offers over the £40 night vision other than construction material but at £29 you can't go wrong.

No chance I'd pay £150 for any jacket!! But I will pay £50 all day long for a genuinely waterproof and breathable jacket. My Dare2be - 5 years old and under £50 is still going strong. Are these Alturas any good - look like they may get hot?

Not sure if this qualifies as a bargain, but it impressed me. I'd been craving a Garmin Edge 520, and also needed an HRM, speed and cadence sensor.

So I could easily have paid £80 for the HRM plus sensors, and second hand 520's are usually around £150. Halfords are price matching on the Edge 520, bringing it down to £247, minus BC discount bought it down to £222. I also have a 5% cashback based on my debit card (UWDC Cashback card), with Halfords, so that's down to £211.

The bundle includes the Edge 520 of course, the speed and cadence sensors (new style separate), plus (and this was an unexpected bonus), the outfront mount, worth another £30.

So I'm pretty pleased. Well over £100 off RRP.

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/cyc...h-heart-rate-monitor-and-cadence-speed-sensor

I got a "used, like new" - in fact brand new edge 520 from an Amazon warehouse deal for £125 when they were offering £10 discount on warehouse deals over £100. Sold my edge 500 with a HRM and case for £120.

Bought the 500 bundle for £150

Deals can be had but patience is needed. The 520 is so much better than the 500 - cable uploads was a real pain!

Keep looking guys!!

TBH I find it a bit pointless helping out resellers - but happy to help out fellow cyclists!

Hope that fellow cyclists can help me when I need advice?

Top Bottom