Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes. It also has a good season range. Nothing to stop you using two base layers. I have done a winter night ride in mine with an aldi merino base layer and an aldi synthetic base layer. Both thin, don't bulk it up much. It is amazingly breathable i agree.

Cycloslalomeur

Indeed it is, price differentiation, that is. The Brexit bit was just a poor joke. I said I hadn´t seen this sort of price differentiation before. That is, a retailer registered in a single country slapping a massive premium on the price itself, not just postage and handling, for foreign-based customers.

wonderloaf

Veteran
Sigma Sport ROX 10.0 GPS Wireless Cycle Computer £74.79 used like new RRP £260
95% of time this actually means new

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00FE10GHW/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
Looks like this is through the Amazon Warehouse, I've bought a few things through them the last being a Garmin Edge 200. Although the listing said it was used to me it looked like a brand new device, no damage whatsoever to either the packaging or the device. I previously bought a Kindle which went back after nearly a year which they replaced without any quibbles, so would seem the returns policy is also OK.

Looks like this is through the Amazon Warehouse, I've bought a few things through them the last being a Garmin Edge 200. Although the listing said it was used to me it looked like a brand new device, no damage whatsoever to either the packaging or the device. I previously bought a Kindle which went back after nearly a year which they replaced without any quibbles, so would seem the returns policy is also OK.

Yes it is a warehouse deal. Like I said 95% of items I have received are basically new. I bought a Garmin 520 for about £125 last year used like new. It was basically new and unopened!

Sold my 3 year old Edge 500 for about £115 albeit with a new HR monitor. That I got with an Edge 25 that I paid £80 for IIRC

All Amazon warehouse deals are legible for 12 month warranty too - they don't make this clear on listings.

I was never completely sure about this, thanks for clarifying.

Yes 100% Bought a phone the other day and asked about warranty before and they confirmed it is for a year.

It's confusing cos warehouse deals say eligible for 30 day warranty and customer service. No wonder they are one of the biggest retailers on earth. Their CS really is exemplary in general. Wish eBay took a leaf out of their book!!

Indeed it is, price differentiation, that is. The Brexit bit was just a poor joke. I said I hadn´t seen this sort of price differentiation before. That is, a retailer registered in a single country slapping a massive premium on the price itself, not just postage and handling, for foreign-based customers.

Formally it is illegal to do so inside the EU, the Single Marketnand all that, or to be more specific the Services Directive. However, enforcement in the U.K., and enforcement is by national authorities, is pretty gutless.

Formally it is illegal to do so inside the EU, the Single Marketnand all that, or to be more specific the Services Directive. However, enforcement in the U.K., and enforcement is by national authorities, is pretty gutless.

Goodness sake! Realise that there are going to be a few Guardian readers on here but FFS Brexit? Still, seriously?!!

Would prefer to hear from a deal or people's experience of that product than tedious Brexit BS

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve T

Veteran
Goodness sake! Realise that there are going to be a few Guardian readers on here but FFS Brexit? Still, seriously?!!

Would prefer to hear from a deal or people's experience of that product than tedious Brexit BS
See the comment from the original poster 'The Brexit bit was just a poor joke' before you blow a gasket.....

Was n't me that mentioned Brexit. I pointed out that under EU legislation, differentiated pricing is illegal. Similarly, the "will not ship to you country" clause, as attached to Trek and Specialized products in particular, is also a probable breach of Single Market rules. Once again enforcement is very patchy.

But as this is "found a bargain" and not " Watchdog" I shall stop here:smile:

Sixmile

Veteran
Canyon have quite a lot of accessories marked down, some nice stuff. I've always had a liking for POC gear but it's always out of my price range but I managed to pick up a few things.

£27 (RRP £63) for this for example

fa015b133b3dbc6574179ee01372b.jpg

All sale items:
https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/accessories/?category=T003

Top Bottom