Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No chance I'd pay £150 for any jacket!! But I will pay £50 all day long for a genuinely waterproof and breathable jacket. My Dare2be - 5 years old and under £50 is still going strong. Are these Alturas any good - look like they may get hot?
they are wonderful.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman

Cycloslalomeur

That´s a proper bargain. I´d like to order a box of those for the recumbent. But wait: the price jumps to £5.82 for us forrins. Brexit in action? British bargains for Britons only, thanks. ;) But seriously, I´m going to have a word with Wiggle about this as this is the first time I´ve come up with this sort of price differentiation.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Cheers, but the code only works with the sale stuff, there's hardly any items for cycling.

There is hardly anything at all for running neither.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The Altura Varium is really good. Had mine at least two years. Light rain proof, but if it's bouncing down, you'll need a cheap waterproof. They are great in winter. Mine even survived without a rip when I broke my spine - wouldn't let them cut it off as these jackets are that good.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Local Aldi has 196 lumen USB rechargeable front lights reduced to £4.99. They clip to an easily-removable rubber strap mount. I have been using one as a "to be seen" flasher and it seems to be indefatigable. Throws a spot rather than a broad beam so not brilliant on unlit roads but for £5 well worth the money. I picked up two more for my sons to use.

The Altura Varium is really good. Had mine at least two years. Light rain proof, but if it's bouncing down, you'll need a cheap waterproof. They are great in winter. Mine even survived without a rip when I broke my spine - wouldn't let them cut it off as these jackets are that good.
I wore mine in a torrential downpour singing in the rain as i rode along brighton prom and found it fine. Maybe the aldi merino base layer i had on gave me an illusion of dryness. Impressed by your devotion to it - assume you will be buried in it.

Last edited:
That´s a proper bargain. I´d like to order a box of those for the recumbent. But wait: the price jumps to £5.82 for us forrins. Brexit in action? British bargains for Britons only, thanks. ;) But seriously, I´m going to have a word with Wiggle about this as this is the first time I´ve come up with this sort of price differentiation.
Differential pricing is the way of the world. Nowt to do with brexit of course.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I wore mine in a torrential downpour singing in the rain as i rode along brighton prom and found it fine. Maybe the aldi merino base layer i had on gave me an illusion of brightness. Impressed by your devotion to it - assume you will be buried in it.

I've commuted in it regular but usually go for the waterproof when it's really bad. It's also surprisingly breathable if that freezing cold morning turns out to be a warm evening return.

It's been a cracking jacket. PS I did let them (paramedics) cut the merino base layer to get a line in though. That was the compromise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom