Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Polaris are having a worthwhile sale.. I have ordered some bib shorts & socks.

http://www.polaris-bikewear.co.uk/category-s/1462.htm

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
anyone any views on such things?

Have never been quite convinced by them.

I have a pair of castelli ones that i have owned for a while that work pretty well at keeping all but the heaviest of showers out. keeps my toes warm when the mercury hits 0'c or -3'c here in london.

They do shred after a while so its probably not worth spending a huge amount on them. I originally bought my castelli ones when they were on offer on wiggle or evanscycles

Anyone ever used them under a pair of overshoes for extra warmth?

Yes I agree roubaix - I never spend much on overshoes - they all shred even if you make great efforts to hardly walk in them.

vickster

Legendary Member
I have mavic ones, they work well over my Spesh Sonoma shoes. Bear in mind I don't choose to ride in heavy rain or cold temps. I'm not sure over shoes work well with SPDs and would get ripped to shreds the amount I walk off the bike. The bottoms of the toe warmers are a bit tatty but they still keep toes dry and warmer

Those Craft ones look pretty cr@p compared to mine

Slick

Guru
I have mavic ones, they work well over my Spesh Sonoma shoes. Bear in mind I don't choose to ride in heavy rain or cold temps. I'm not sure over shoes work well with SPDs and would get ripped to shreds the amount I walk off the bike. The bottoms of the toe warmers are a bit tatty but they still keep toes dry and warmer
I know I'm probably missing something very basic, but why does your average shoe need a toe cover, why not an entire leather upper?

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
I have some Craft one's - can't check link to see if identical but probably are - they are great for when it's a bit chilly but will warm up as you can slip them off and put them in your pocket. I use mine with size 14.5 spds and have survived all winter as they just take the edge off in the 5-10 degrees area, especially if damp!

Reactions: ACS

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Dare2B 'Fired Up' Windshell jacket, reduced from £40.00 to £15.95 in "blaze" (hi-viz orange), blue or black, or £24.95 in hi-viz yellow.

I've had one for a few years and they're a good deal at under £16 (although I'm not too sure about the RRP of £40...) - they're definitely showerproof rather than waterproof, but are a decent enough lightweight jacket that easily fits into a back pocket on a jersey for those days when you're not quite sure of the forecast. I've just ordered a new one as mine is starting to get a bit tatty...;)

https://www.dare2b.com/fired-up-windshell-jacket-trail-blaze/

01acc.JPG

Last edited:
@vickster found the Pearl Izumi outlet shop (online but also apparently in Pompey) when I realised I was down to one pair of decent shorts and they are PI.

Everything seems to be about 1/2 price.

Picked up a new pair of the shorts I have and love for £25 and also the bib version of the same for £35. They seem very decent and have a "drop-tail" design, which means no need to strip in cafe loos.

Also lots of other bargains, including men's bibs for £25, albeit without the drop-taili feature.

Free delivery for goods over £50 took about 22 hours! Despite being TNT who got thoroughly blatted by ransomware a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:
Top Bottom