Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beermonster

Über Member
Just back from a cycle wearing these. Temperatures were 2-4 degrees and they were fine. Size wise, I'd say slightly neater fit than Castelli. I usually go for XL in Castelli, the Mavics in XL are not quite as snug. Nice length and decent width braces. Pad appeared quite generous, fairly wide (but not too thick) at the front, comfy enough on my 20 mile blast today.
Cycle Surgery seem to still have availability, so I'd recommend them as a decent purchase.

Down to £30 with free delivery. Quidco 5% too

https://www.cyclesurgery.com/p/mavic-men-s-ksyrium-elite-thermo-bib-N1424185.html?colour=124

Aldi are getting rid of their merino blend socks to make room for Christmas stuff presumably. Down to £1 a pair in Wolverhampton today, and I think they are pretty good.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I might be quite interested in one of those, Have you got any footage from it yet?

No nothing as yet from a cycling perspective.
My qumox is the same as used in this clip

View: https://youtu.be/kmqvoBLk-dE
and I'd say both cams on 1080p give a similar picture. The one from Morrison's though as said will go to 4k according to the menu. Don't have a 4k telly so can't comment on that claim.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
At Morrison's they are flogging 4k ultra HD Wi-Fi action cams for 40 quid which include an 8gb micro sd card and waterproof case, but no actual handlebar or helmet brackets. Those can be found on Amazon etc.
They'e a copy of the GoPro cams afaict and I've no idea if it'll be as good as my other Qumox copy cat cam but they look identical and use the same size battery.
Can't complain at that price.

The daughter has just asked for a Gopro from Santa for horse riding, but I reckon Santa would rather get her one of these than a Gopro :laugh: Any idea of the run time on them?

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Any idea of the run time on them?

An unscientific test of leaving it to run indoors gave me 100 mins with the stock battery. About the same as my other cam and about the same run times as the other various cam copies I've seen on Amazon which it seems have also mostly come down in price to the £40 ish mark.
Unlike many similarly priced bullet style cams though, these things have removable batteries and so can be swapped out when they go flat and can also run from an external usb fed battery or if you'e a fancy pants like me :tongue:, off the dyno hub ^_^
A correction on my earlier post though is that there is indeed a helmet mount with this cam. Oops.:blush:

Virgin west coast currently has a seat sale on, example manchester london for £11, and it actually includes christmas new year travel. Full terms on their web site. Mind you booking your bike on the same train will be the usual nightmare.

Top Bottom