Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JCroxton1

Specialized-Diverge-Expert-Carbon-2017.jpg

£2800 down to £1899
http://www.bikesheduk.com/specialized-diverge-expert-carbon-2017

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Does anyone actually buy spd cleats? I find that the cleats outlast the pedals, so often have spare cleats, which in the past I've posted out to other forum members & sure I've seen other folk do the same :okay: I know I have at least one pair of cleats in my 'spares' if anyone does need some

My cleats not only outlast the pedals, but my shoes also.

L Q

Über Member
Does anyone actually buy spd cleats? I find that the cleats outlast the pedals, so often have spare cleats, which in the past I've posted out to other forum members & sure I've seen other folk do the same :okay: I know I have at least one pair of cleats in my 'spares' if anyone does need some
I must done OK as I am on with 3rd set of cleats with the same set of pedals.

I am also on the same pair of shoes.

I bought some cleats from chain reaction a few weeks ago as replacements, looking at this I may have jinxed it :eek:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Unlike many similarly priced bullet style cams though, these things have removable batteries and so can be swapped out when they go flat and can also run from an external usb fed battery or if you'e a fancy pants like me :tongue:, off the dyno hub ^_^
A correction on my earlier post though is that there is indeed a helmet mount with this cam. Oops.:blush:
Which bit of the shop was it in, please? I suspect ours is too small but it would be nice to double-check.

Sixmile

Veteran
I had to cut round it with a DIY knife - one did lift at its heel end but the other seemed to be stuck fast. Once cut round I found they came off best by pushing a non sharp knife under from the toe end. NB Shimano Cleats £7.19 from Halfords with British Cycling Discount

so the shoes actually do have the 2 bolt holes underneath? Mine arrived last week but assumed that they just had permanent blanking plates moulded to the sole.

gaijintendo

Veteran
so the shoes actually do have the 2 bolt holes underneath? Mine arrived last week but assumed that they just had permanent blanking plates moulded to the sole.
I bought some to use on flats, and I noticed the backing plate was in a bag with some spare laces, so they are not holding the rubber in place by default.

I like them a lot, but perhaps not the greatest on wet weather, but that's what overshoes are for.

Mike_P

Guru
And the depth of the bolt fixings is deep enough to enable you to walk with cleats fitted without clunking on the pavement. Slight scuff marks to the toe end of the cleats after walking 2 and half miles in them - not a deliberate act, I was taking the road bike to LBS for a service (it has SPD pedals on it) and on getting it out of the shed found the rear brakes jammed on :sad: so ended up walking both ways.

Sixmile

Veteran
And the depth of the bolt fixings is deep enough to enable you to walk with cleats fitted without clunking on the pavement. Slight scuff marks to the toe end of the cleats after walking 2 and half miles in them - not a deliberate act, I was taking the road bike to LBS for a service (it has SPD pedals on it) and on getting it out of the shed found the rear brakes jammed on :sad: so ended up walking both ways.

That's like my Giro VR shoes. I generally don't hear or feel the cleats while walking unless on stony or uneven ground. I did a full days walking around Chester zoo with them.

Top Bottom