Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Aldi are having one of their cycling "Specialbuys" beginning next Sunday or for pre-order online with free delivery for orders over £20.

Here you go

Sixmile

Veteran
I was looking out backpack options for a friend and came across this..

Seems pretty decent and the usual ECWJ2R code gets a fiver off so £35 for a pretty good quality 25L bag.

90065-312189_1_Supersize.jpg

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Mavic-Crossmax-Hydropack-25L-Back-Pack-Bladder-Not-Included_90064.htm

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
Called in to "The Works" at Cheshire Oaks yesterday and they were selling "Giro d'Italia" by Colin O'Brien in hardback for £8 (down from £16.99). I bought the last copy on the shelf but it might be worth trying your local "Works."

Also in Cheshire Oaks I noticed that the Oakley Store was selling Dimension Data cycling shirts at £42.50 (down from £85) - they seemed to be mainly size "M" in the store but a better range is available on-line:

http://uk.oakley.com/en/mens/appare...33884?skuCode=433884-100&variant=888896964923

Polaris stuff is generally excellent but must admit to being doubtful about the marketing of this as a "sample" sale. How can a pair of glasses be a sample?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Crud Roadracer Mk3 Mudguard Set £40 down to £10 (-10% if applicable) at Halfords.
Link

I picked up a few front crudguards in my local Halfjords for £3 a touch, then they allowed me the 10% BC discount too on the sale items.

On the subject of the 10% BC discount at Halfords....I've got a discount card for 20% off bike parts and accessories at Halfords as I used their scheme (but not their stores) for C2W. Today my local store gave me the 20% discount for that, then another 10% off for BC membership without me even having to ask. :okay:

bpsmith

Veteran
I fitted mine last week and after 180 km or less the quick link failed and the chain snapped. I've replaced the quick link with a KMC 11 speed one. May be worth a preventative replacement of the quick link to avoid the issue.
That site states FSA claim it will “outlast anything from Shimano or SRAM”, so I would be sending it back to them for replacement. :smile:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I fitted mine last week and after 180 km or less the quick link failed and the chain snapped. I've replaced the quick link with a KMC 11 speed one. May be worth a preventative replacement of the quick link to avoid the issue.
Oh dear. Mines done 50 miles or so at the moment. I carry quick links in the saddle bag so hopefully won't be caught out. .

Top Bottom