Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Jack Brown Mile Muncher folding tyre 25.5mm, black/tan available too, £13

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TYPAJBMM/jack-brown-mile-muncher-700c-folding-tyre?utm_source

Recently we were able to strike a deal with Rivendell cycles to take over their tyre range including the Fatty Rumpkin, Maxy Fasty and our favourites the Jack Browns.

Working with Japanese tyre maker Panaracer we've overhauled the Jack Brown range and introduced a new lightweight all-conditions model, weighing just 282g that has been designed to tackle the big names head on.

View attachment 419187
View attachment 419188
Look like a good deal,have you tried these yourself ?

fossala

Guru
Look like a good deal,have you tried these yourself ?
I used the 33.3mm ones before, can't remember their name. Good tyres fast tyres but have no puncture protection. I don't need it round my way as I only get one puncture a year but may affect those riding in cities or towns. If I had a 700c bike at the moment I would be ordering a handful myself.

U

User6179

8ve been commuting in these all week and I've found the padding a bit on the bulky side but otherwise very comfortable. I've just ordered another pair so thanks for the link.

Hi Slick
Might order a pair myself, what is sizing like, i am 15 stone with 38 inch waist and chunky thighs.

Slick

Guru
Hi Slick
Might order a pair myself, what is sizing like, i am 15 stone with 38 inch waist and chunky thighs.
Sizing was another reason I liked them, pretty generous. I'm pretty much the same proportion as yourself and found 2XL to be pretty comfortable. I probably could have got away with the smaller size but I personally always like to size up anyway. They are also pretty good for chunky thighs, as the usual rubber strip is missing from the thigh so plenty room there. The padding was the only thing that felt a bit much on first use, but it did become more natural with each ride.

U

User6179

Sizing was another reason I liked them, pretty generous. I'm pretty much the same proportion as yourself and found 2XL to be pretty comfortable. I probably could have got away with the smaller size but I personally always like to size up anyway. They are also pretty good for chunky thighs, as the usual rubber strip is missing from the thigh so plenty room there. The padding was the only thing that felt a bit much on first use, but it did become more natural with each ride.

Thanks, sending some Altura bibs back to Tredz that are too small so will just swap for the Funkier ones.

Top Bottom