Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This was just delivered.
Looks really good, well built. Absolute bargain.

Thanks for the tip.
Gone up to 4.99 but i note that until sunday planet x has free delivery on orders over 11.99. useful. May buy some bits.

Smthers

Über Member
Planet X RT-58 alloy frameset, £99. Room for 28mm tyres, mudguard mounts, 27.2mm seatpost, BSA bottom bracket. Great budget build or winter bike. Shame that there are no rack mounts as well.

You do have to budget also for headset, BB cable guide, seatpost clamp which are often supplied with framesets, I sourced these parts for less than £20, the BB guide was £1 from PX, the headset £11.48 from Wiggle and the clamp £3 from Wiggle

Ordered the blue one

View attachment 390864

As I said previously I ordered when you mentioned the price drop to £89; now back up to £99.

Built the bike up with a 10-speed Campag Veloce groupset - the hardest bit was whacking the starnut down the steerer tube. Final build, minus mudguards, came in at 8.8kg, which I thought was quite respectable. Bit of a bargain really, and makes you wonder how other frame manufacturers can charge so much.

I've attached a picture of my build - but the blue looks much more vivid in the flesh - very smart.

Edit: The purists will probably point out the Shimano chainset - I can't be doing messing about with Ultra-torque BB's and crank pullers!

Attachments

• IMG-0391.JPG
    IMG-0391.JPG
    409.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

broady

Veteran
Your not paying just what it costs to produce though.
You pay for research and development and lots of testing to make sure the end product is safe to use.
Although they do recall (latest was forks) when they pick something up on continued testing.
But agreed, they still massive inflate prices.

Your not paying just what it costs to produce though.
You pay for research and development and lots of testing to make sure the end product is safe to use.
Although they do recall (latest was forks) when they pick something up on continued testing.
But agreed, they still massive inflate prices.
Fair point but if you use frames with a classic design (and for all sorts of reasons I prefer simple round straight steel tubes) there isn't really a lot of research and development is there? Most components are tried and tested as well.

Sixmile

Veteran
282654?w=637&h=403.jpg

Men's padded nightvision leggings £17.50 (£15.75 with BC)
M, L & XL

I bought a pair of these for £20 a few years ago and they have seen me through 2 winters thus far with no complaints.

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/cy...-trousers/altura-mens-nv-kinetic-tights-black

Serge

Über Member
Top Bottom