Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Bike stuff at Lidl from Sunday 26th

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Non-Food-Offers.htm?id=779&week=2&ar=10

Nothing too exciting, again, but the lights seem well regarded.

Sixmile

Veteran
Fair do's to Halfords..

I had ordered and reserved a Boardman base jersey for £7.75 or something to be collected in my local store. A decent wee bargain for a spare base I thought. Order said it'd be ready within the hour. Over 2 hours later I popped into the shop on my way home from work. The lady in the bike section said she'd seen the order on the computer and had looked for the base but couldn't find it but said she'd look out the back. Off she went and came back around 5 minutes later empty handed. She asked if there was anything else I was interested in and she'd knock a few quid off for my hassle. I said I liked the black and yellow thermal Boardman jersey but I said I knew the blue one was £14 online but if she could give me a price on the yellow/black one, which I knew was £25 online. She went away for a few minutes and came back and said she'd do the jersey for the same price as the base layer I'd reserved unsuccessfully. So in short, the bargain was £7.75 for a £25 thermal jersey! I didn't have the guts to whip out the BC card for an extra 10%.

CharlesF

Guru
I ordered a KMC chain from Halfords, as it was half the price quoted by Evans (who refused a price match).

After 3 attempts to collect the chain, I contacted Customer Services. They eventually came back with the reason for non-delivery was because the parcel was incorrectly address.

Being concerned I asked if I could give them the correct address, "no thanks, it's one of our stores and we have the address".

I'll reorder and see what happens. Luckily it isn't urgent.

Why did evans reject the price match?

Gunner786

Finally got round to buying and fitting today. Considering they went on a smaller wheel than made for (650a instead of 600) they fitted reasonably well. Very happy for a tenner. Would prob pay 20 for them, but I wouldn't stump up £40 at full rrp.
Will these fit a carrera parva?

Adam4868

Guru
Why did evans reject the price match?
I tried a price match recently with SIgma i dont usually bother.This is the reply I got....
IMG_20180820_210945.jpg

Top Bottom