Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

minininjarob

Wiggle have some Giro Rumble shoes in for £55, if you are a new customer you can get £10 off orders over £50 too with code summer11. I used my work email address to get the shoes for £45. They are great touring or commuting SPD shoes that don’t look like cycling shoes.

They are excellent shoes - paid maybe £60 or more for mine. Very smart - in fact too smart for touring.

minininjarob

They are excellent shoes - paid maybe £60 or more for mine. Very smart - in fact too smart for touring.

I've been pondering buying them for about 2 years now........

Someone said to me they look like the same shape as some of the shoes that Shimano used to make in the 90's - which is a good thing to me - shoes tend to look too techy nowadays.

my only caution is you may have to relearn your shoelace tying/relace them. Their standard lacing is very effective but a bit of a pig. I use them round town when I want to look passably smart. Don't ever intend to hole them/use them with cleats. They work well on the bike with suitable pedals and are good to walk in.

Sixmile

Veteran
Wiggle have some Giro Rumble shoes in for £55, if you are a new customer you can get £10 off orders over £50 too with code summer11. I used my work email address to get the shoes for £45. They are great touring or commuting SPD shoes that don’t look like cycling shoes.

I would recommend them. I've been using the black ones with cleats for over 18 months. I've done a few tours with them as my only shoes as they're decent to walk in all day. I have used them for work too, even if the orange laces are a little bright for work wear. I've been thinking about getting the navy one's for work and now just might.. Just order a size up from what you normally wear.

(edit: I now see that the vast majority of sizes are out of stock unfortunately.)

Last edited:

MichaelO

Veteran
I would recommend them. I've been using the black ones with cleats for over 18 months. I've done a few tours with them as my only shoes as they're decent to walk in all day. I have used them for work too, even if the orange laces are a little bright for work wear. I've been thinking about getting the navy one's for work and now just might.. Just order a size up from what you normally wear.

(edit: I now see that the vast majority of sizes are out of stock unfortunately.)
£60 in Sigma Sports with more sizes available. You can get £5 off by signing up to their newsletter too ;)

Sixmile

Veteran
288776?w=637&h=403.jpg

£10 (RRP £40)

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-parts/mudguards/crud-roadracer-mk3-mudguard-set-700c

Sixmile

Veteran
421795g?w=637&h=403.jpg

Thermal Boardman long sleeve - M or L
£13.65 if you go blue
(30% off when added to basket)

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/cycling-clothing/hi-vis/boardman-mens-long-sleeve-thermal-jersey

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Can't find a size chart and can't find a single review in English to help with sizing. Anyone point me in the right direction re sizing please?

For the Decathlon bibshorts? Next to the drop down to select the size it say "Find your size" - click on that. :okay:

If it helps, I'm 5ft 9in, weigh 95kg and an 'L' fits nicely.

[B-twin 500 bibshorts]

First impressions for me:

• Pad seems fine, maybe on par with dhb mid-range shorts. Not ridden in them yet, just a quick squish test.
  • No gel gripper on legs - but that's really not going to be an issue as the legs are quite snug, verging on compression wear.
  • Sizing is fine, but their chart suggests I should be XS - doubt I'd get into XS considering how snug the legs are on the S.
  • Appearance wise, they absolutely fine and look quite smart - definitely a bargain at £11.99.
Happy camper here. :becool:
Mine came yesterday and wore them on my commute , sizing wise i went one size up from a normal small to a medium as i was on the cusp of small to mediu, based on the hip measurement .Seem ok and well worth the price .

Top Bottom