Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I used to use 2 of them on my bike for FNRtC, one in high mode and one in normal mode. Lasted all night without a problem.

I'm sure you did, but what about the lights?

Thanks for replies jibberjabber and milkfloat. Thought seriously about it but then remembered that there had been reported concern about a certain delicacy in its closing - swings up and closes with a plastic spring of some sort I gather.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Thanks for replies jibberjabber and milkfloat. Thought seriously about it but then remembered that there had been reported concern about a certain delicacy in its closing - swings up and closes with a plastic spring of some sort I gather.

I just took a photo, both the spring (red arrow) and the hinge (green) are metal. The closure clip itself is plastic, but so far I don't see any problems with more than 2 years of use.

upload_2019-2-28_13-47-7.png

jiberjaber

Veteran

Only problem I had was when one wasnt fully home on the mount and it bounced down the road breaking the clasp that kept it closed - the bit out of focus at the top of the picture. I tried making a bolt based closure to hold it shut but gave up in the end as all my bikes have dynamo setups on now.

Confused by Halfords

Just spotted their Carrera Crixus CX advertised at £240 which looks an absolute steal for Claris STI (buy a pair of levers, get a frame, wheels etc free! - well, not quite but still....)
Click into it and it goes up to £350 :sad:

So I've reserved one on click and collect and emailed the screenshot - wonder if they'll honour it?

crixus.jpg

Last edited:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Confused by Halfords

Just spotted their Carrera Crixus CX advertised at £240 which looks an absolute steal for Claris STI (buy a pair of levers, get a frame, wheels etc free! - well, not quite but still....)

So I've reserved one on click and collect and emailed the screenshot - wonder if they'll honour it?

View attachment 455170

They may do - but might not, depends on which member of staff you get if my experience of Halfords is anything to go by.
I wonder if the offer is only on certain sizes / colours? I've seen them do that before, although there's nothing in your screenshot to suggest it.
Don't forget your BC discount and the 'free Muc-Off cleaning kit'!

Mike_P

Guru
Showing at £350 now - wonder if the discount ended as you clicked on the link

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Confused by Halfords

View attachment 455170
When you go in to collect and if they ask for £350, show them the screenshot and ask if they’ll price match as that’s what it was when you reserved it. The screenshot should have date and time it was taken if you can show the metadata / properties.

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
My local Halfords didn't even ask for the voucher when I flashed my BC card when buying a bike for a friend two weeks ago , they just deducted 10%. My card had actually expired as well :laugh:

Top Bottom