Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
B'Twin 300 tyre hand pump, with valve-friendly flexible connector hose, Shrader & Presta compatible. Cheap as chips £3.99 at Decathlon. Ideal as a first aid puncture repair/top-up pump to keep on your bike permanently. I got one recently to try out and thought it very good for the money, then £5.99. Since then they've gone down by £2! I'm now going to get some more and fit one to every bike in working order that I own to save faffing around having to remember to swap pumps from bike to bike. No risk that way of forgetting to take a pump out with me, no matter which bike I'm riding.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
B'Twin 300 tyre hand pump, with valve-friendly flexible connector hose, Shrader & Presta compatible. Cheap as chips £3.99 at Decathlon. Ideal as a first aid puncture repair/top-up pump to keep on your bike permanently. I got one recently to try out and thought it very good for the money, then £5.99. Since then they've gone down by £2! I'm now going to get some more and fit one to every bike in working order that I own to save faffing around having to remember to swap pumps from bike to bike. No risk that way of forgetting to take a pump out with me, no matter which bike I'm riding.
Direct link https://www.decathlon.co.uk/300-hand-pump-black-id_8386677.html - note 72psi max. It's probably quite similar to the cheap plastic Wiggle Lifeline I had a few years ago. Small and light but for 50+mm tyres only IMO - even a roadster on 37mm tyres is hard work to get the back tyre inflated enough (edit: I aim for 60-65psi there. The awful Armadillos I once used had a marked minimum pressure of 80psi which that pump wouldn't do).

Last edited:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
- note 72psi max. It's probably quite similar to the cheap plastic Wiggle Lifeline I had a few years ago. Small and light but for 50+mm tyres only IMO - even a roadster on 37mm tyres is hard work to get the back tyre inflated enough .

I don't see the pressure limit as too much of a problem, TBH. I maintain my tyre pressures using a track pump at home. I only want a bike pump to facilitate puncture repairs or to top up a slow puncture with more air en route to enable me to ride it home. In those circumstances I am not going to worry about achieving optimum tyre pressures that may be at the limit of the pump's output.. So long as the pump will put enough in to make the tyre rideable without pinch flatting, that's good enough for me. Most of my tyres are at least 35mm or 1 3/8" wide, all of which run below 70 psi in the rear tyre. I've got one set of 28mm Marathons on my drop bar Dawes, which need 85-90psi in the rear, but even they'll tolerate quite a bit less.

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
Amazon are selling B&M Ixon IQ Premiums for £25 at the moment. They are slightly older technology but a good option for a battery light. 80 lux, shaped beam (like their Cyo dynamo lights) and run off 4 AA batteries. RRP is apparently €99

View attachment 455002
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GWJHPL0/

Now reduced even further to £22.
I’ve just ordered another one. Beam pattern is very good fo4 road use. Just be aware you need to purchase Aa rechargeable batteries, or you can use standard AAs.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Not sure if this has already been mentioned on this thread or elsewhere, but British Cycling membership has 50% off if you are a member of an affiliated club. Then pay by Direct Debit to get a further 10% off. Enter promo code
NEWCMRD
at checkout.

ricksavery

Über Member
already posted in the classic section, but may be of interest to people who don't go in there :okay:

3 styles of Sella Italia leather saddles in black or brown at £15 each on the bay. I've ordered a couple at the weekend, so still awaiting them, but there seems to be plenty of +ve feedback https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Saddles/...Material=Leather&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684
These saddles seem ridiculously cheap! Have you received them ? are they OK? Right, I'll take off my Spanish Inquisition robes now :-)

gaijintendo

Veteran
These saddles seem ridiculously cheap! Have you received them ? are they OK? Right, I'll take off my Spanish Inquisition robes now :-)
"Order is being prepared", apparently, though I have an email saying it's shipped and should be ready for collection on Tuesday - but I chose delivery to a local shop.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I ordered mine at the weekend & they were delivered yesterday. They are rather hard & reckon it'll take a while to brake them in, but for £15 they are certainly good value :okay:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Mine were delivered by UPS. Came in a presentation box with a velvet bag, a tin of proofide and a custom made wallet for the saddle adjustment tool provided.

Top Bottom