Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
These saddles seem ridiculously cheap! Have you received them ? are they OK? Right, I'll take off my Spanish Inquisition robes now :-)
Mine came today, looks great.

IMG_20190314_162844_zpscmjeoy9q.jpg

Mine came today, looks great.

View attachment 457426

That looks like pure pain!

Tenkaykev

Guru
The same seller had other Sella Royale saddles, including one in orange and black which matches the colour of my bike.
A great price £12 including delivery. I noticed a button on the page that said " make an offer " I cheekily offered £10 and it was accepted

gaijintendo

Veteran
The same seller had other Sella Royale saddles, including one in orange and black which matches the colour of my bike.
A great price £12 including delivery. I noticed a button on the page that said " make an offer " I cheekily offered £10 and it was accepted
s-l400.jpg
They have some interesting kit.

I love Jimi Hendrix, but I've never wanted to sit on his face.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SELLA-IT...-FEC-ALLOY-SRP-64-99-/323308041742?nav=SEARCH

I never thought of combining two things I love before though...

Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
https://www.velonews.com/2016/06/bi...-unveils-throwback-leather-saddle-line_407688

Classic Italian style and intricate details define Selle Italia’s new line of handmade leather saddles. The new Sella — notice the final “a” instead of “e” — Italia heritage line was developed to celebrate the company’s 120th anniversary by taking a look back in time.

The Sella Italia line

The new line includes three leather saddle options for different riding styles as well as several leather accessory pieces to compliment the look.

The Storica is the line’s racing saddle. It is the option that most closely resembles the old Selle Italia saddles from the days of Coppi. The Storica has a lower profile and narrower design for a comfortable, aggressive position.

The Epoca is the company’s trekking model that is meant for all-day riding. The saddle is wider in the back and has a shorter nose for a comfortable ride when sitting in a more upright riding position.

Sandwiched between the Storica and Epoca is the Sella Italia Mitica saddle. With a shorter nose and wider design, it’s comfortable for long rides but allows riders to get into a more aggressive position than the trekking model.

Beyond saddles, the Sella line also includes grips — regular and ergonomic — and small leather saddlebags to match the saddles for classic look from top to bottom. And for a final touch of beautiful Italian styling, each saddle comes packaged in a box lined with pink La Gazzetta della Sport clippings from one of Coppi’s Giro d’Italia victories.

Prices for the new leather line of saddles and accessories have not yet been set for the U.S. market, but expect to pay around $150 for these crafted leather saddles.

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
Polaris have increasing discount per item ordered beyond one at present up to 25%, 2 10%, 3 15%, 4 20%, 5 25%. Diocount code is COUPONx where x is the number of items

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
1D251E8C-A7C9-480E-AF8F-1F2562C7A41E.jpeg

Which Day One did you get @Spiderweb ?
I always wondered what to do with the spare saddles, so now I think I need to sell them before I buy anymore bikes!
It’s a 2012 model Day One Cross with Reynolds 520 frame. It’s been sitting in a shed unridden for 2 years, from the eBay pics it looks to need a good clean but I don’t think it’s been ridden much, should be an easy Fettle, I’m picking it up later today. My wife’s not too happy, I have far too many bikes but I can’t resist a bargain and I really enjoy bringing neglected unused bikes back to life.
This is a library pic;

Last edited:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
It’s a 2012 model Day One Cross with Reynolds 520 frame. It’s been sitting in a shed unridden for 2 years, from the eBay pics it looks to need a good clean but I don’t think it’s been ridden much, should be an easy Fettle, I’m picking it up later today. My wife’s not too happy, I have far too many bikes but I can’t resist a bargain and I really enjoy bringing neglected unused bikes back to life.;

Having a spare saddle with no bike to fit it to is the best excuse I've heard in ages! :laugh: Fair play though, at least you've bought a proper Reynolds steel bike that actually looks like a bike. I actually quite like Genesis bikes, because they've stuck with steel and aesthetically pleasing small diameter tubes, whereas I absolutely detest the appearance of 99% of modern stuff.

Top Bottom