Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I offered £6 each (ordered 2) and was instantly accepted.
Who's going for cheaper?
I thought I’d get another set, I offered £4.50 and £5.00, both were declined.

Edit - my final offer of £5.50 was declined too.

Last edited:

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
I offered £6 each (ordered 2) and was instantly accepted.
Who's going for cheaper?
I’ve tried £5.50 but was declined, so offered £5.99 and waiting on the seller responding. Going to stick them on my Croix de Fer for summer

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
View attachment 466781

I’ve just bought a pair of Vittoria Revolution G+ Isotech tyres 700c x 38 for my Tricross. For two they are priced at £9 each or best offer, I offered £6.50 which was instantly auto accepted, you may get them cheaper?
So £13 including postage for 2 tyres has got to be a bargain!
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/223227811801

They're OK tyres - puncture proof but slow. At £6.50 they're worth it: I paid £9 about 6 months ago from PlanetX and this is their eBay site.

stalagmike

Enormous member
Good spot - non cycling stuff often best for general purpose cycling and far better prices (much prefer my cheapo mountain warehouse shorts for touring to my endura humvees) - have you worn a pair of these though?
I must confess I haven't worn them. They are not in stock at my local store so I've got them coming on click and collect to save delivery charge. I'll report back once I have them to try on. Just thought I should share as soon as I saw them as things can go out of stock quite quickly.

Reynard

Guru
Good spot - non cycling stuff often best for general purpose cycling and far better prices (much prefer my cheapo mountain warehouse shorts for touring to my endura humvees) - have you worn a pair of these though?

I use the ladies' trouser version of these for general cycling or as an extra layer. They're bang on for the job.

The ladies' shorts, however, are not. They're a totally different cut and sit on the hips rather than the waist, thus exposing an acreage of bits that are best kept covered when sat on the bike. :blush:

So if the mens' shorts are the same cut as the trousers, shouldn't see why they wouldn't be suitable.

can you clarify reynard - are you male or female?

stalagmike

Enormous member
I use the ladies' trouser version of these for general cycling or as an extra layer. They're bang on for the job.

The ladies' shorts, however, are not. They're a totally different cut and sit on the hips rather than the waist, thus exposing an acreage of bits that are best kept covered when sat on the bike. :blush:

So if the mens' shorts are the same cut as the trousers, shouldn't see why they wouldn't be suitable.
I picked my order up earlier today and have tried on. They are a very snug fit but very stretchy, so I think they would be ok on the bike. I just wouldn't expect to get much in the pockets. I might exchange them for a size up just to get a bit more room on the thighs.

stalagmike

Enormous member
I think they are more hips cut than waist cut. I have a pair of long craghoppers shorts which have a high waist cut and they are nothing like them. Depends what you like I suppose.

Reynard

Guru
I think they are more hips cut than waist cut. I have a pair of long craghoppers shorts which have a high waist cut and they are nothing like them. Depends what you like I suppose.

Sounds like the ladies' version of the same then. Although maybe not quite as low cut.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I picked my order up earlier today and have tried on. They are a very snug fit but very stretchy, so I think they would be ok on the bike. I just wouldn't expect to get much in the pockets. I might exchange them for a size up just to get a bit more room on the thighs.

I have large thighs for my waist size, so I'll not bother, was going to order some on C&C as I'm in Sheffield next week :sad:

stalagmike

Enormous member
I have large thighs for my waist size, so I'll not bother, was going to order some on C&C as I'm in Sheffield next week :sad:
I guess there's nothing stopping you ordering them, picking them up and trying them on in-store immediately, before returning them immediately if need be.

Top Bottom