Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The exceptionally durable, but now out of production Shimano UN-UN55 is still for sale new on ebay in size 113mm. £20 + postage
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402761292605?hash=item5dc6719b3d
the discontinuing of the UN55 is almost enough to turn me into a conspiracy theorist.
I never expected it to be discontinued.
When it was to my utter shock I managed to pick up a couple of new ones for as I recall about £4.50 and £7.50.
Humanity is now on a downward slide.
shades of the man in the white suit I fear.

GuyBoden

Guru
the discontinuing of the UN55 is almost enough to turn me into a conspiracy theorist.
I never expected it to be discontinued.
When it was to my utter shock I managed to pick up a couple of new ones for as I recall about £4.50 and £7.50.
Humanity is now on a downward slide.
shades of the man in the white suit I fear.
The new production of Shimano Square Taper BBs don't look as durable. The UN55 was just too good, they lasted too long.

The new production of Shimano Square Taper BBs don't look as durable. The UN55 was just too good, they lasted too long.
there's always the UN26 - may also be stocks of that around - was never sure about whether it was just the same as the UN55 but just with a plastic sleeve.

You need to be a prime member to see the deal
Nope. I'm not a member and can see it.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I am still riding 26” wheeled mountain bikes and for me these slime filled inner tubes work really well. 2 pack, Presta Valve 1.75-2.125 for £8.22 delivered from Amazon Prime;

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00V0GUGGQ?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

BFA0B1FC-8EDE-4F7B-9A7C-6FBB88A55AC8.jpeg

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I wouldn’t want these for free in any size. Horrible product.
Why so?
I had regular punctures before buying a second hand 26er last year which already had them fitted and I’ve not yet had a puncture. The routes I ride near home are riddled with thorns, I once walked home having punctured my 2 spare tubes, these slime filled tubes have stopped this so are great for me.

Milzy

Guru
Why so?
I had regular punctures before buying a second hand 26er last year which already had them fitted and I’ve not yet had a puncture. The routes I ride near home are riddled with thorns, I once walked home having punctured my 2 spare tubes, these slime filled tubes have stopped this so are great for me.
They are heavy & don’t roll well. A good big thorn would just make a sticky mess. You may as well go tubeless all together.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
They are heavy & don’t roll well. A good big thorn would just make a sticky mess. You may as well go tubeless all together.
If you have tubeless-ready wheels or knowhow to ghetto them. Otherwise, sealant-filled tubes are an option some like and that is not a bad price for that brand. It is what it is: not my cup of tea but probably a useful post to some.

Top Bottom