Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've an Altura Nevis Jacket about 6 or 7 years now. Decent level of comfort, main zip still working, chest pocket size bodged to work the opposite way, good rear pocket. This new jacket though seems to have less reflective detail than previous versions.
sounds like a thumbs up to me.
I have an Altura Varium got through this very thread - it's wonderful.

Sixmile

Veteran
SeeSense with big reductions off their front lights this weekend. I'm a long time user of their Icon lights (2 rears, 1 front) and now think I'm ready to upgrade my front

Beam for £79 (£40 off RRP)
1000L with all the alerts
https://seesense.cc/collections/shop/products/see-sense-beam-front-light
IndyBest2_2000x.jpg

Beam+ £99 (£70 off RRP)
1500L with adaptive brightness and all their usual crash, theft alert functions

https://seesense.cc/collections/shop/products/see-sense-beam-plus_front-light
BEAM_shopifyproductimagewithplus_2000x.jpg

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Tiny compared to the old Eveready and pifco lights of the 80s.
They might have been big and feeble but at least they tried to aim the light at the road and didn't stupidly flash drivers when approaching a junction. That's soooo dangerous because plenty of highway-code-ignorant drivers interpret a flash as "go on, then". I'm astonished it's being marketed as improving cyclist safety!

Fark those lights. Anyone seen deals on StVZO ones this autumn other than Lidl?

GuyBoden

Guru
They might have been big and feeble but at least they tried to aim the light at the road and didn't stupidly flash drivers when approaching a junction. That's soooo dangerous because plenty of highway-code-ignorant drivers interpret a flash as "go on, then". I'm astonished it's being marketed as improving cyclist safety!

Fark those lights. Anyone seen deals on StVZO ones this autumn other than Lidl?
These £7.99 light set conform to the StVZO German Road Traffic Standards, but does that mean they are any good?
£7.99 Amazon.co.uk

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
These £7.99 light set conform to the StVZO German Road Traffic Standards, but does that mean they are any good?
£7.99 Amazon.co.uk
Difficult to be sure. They claim to conform but no K~ number is visible in the pictures and the Q&As throw doubt on whether they have one. More importantly, there's no beam shot shown, so it might meet the technical requirements while having some other drawback like a narrow bright area. The battery life doesn't look great to me, either, but it looks like a knock-off of a Lidl light from a few years ago, so it might be able to run directly from external USB power like the original.

40 lux is bright enough for me, so it might be worth a punt for a recently-acquired road bike. If it's rubbish, there's always the returns lottery. Thanks!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Garmin Edge 130 for a smidge under £100 at Halfords:
https://www.halfords.com/cycling/cy.../garmin-edge-130-plus-cycling-gps-438646.html
Recently bought one for about £150 (cheapest price at the time) to replace my much loved Edge 200.
On a similar theme, Amazon have the Garmin Edge 530 for £169 for the next 3 days. Thankfully payday isn't until Tuesday.

Garmin Edge 530, Performance GPS Cycling/Bike Computer with Mapping, Dynamic Performance Monitoring and Popularity Routing : Garmin: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

Top Bottom