Garage broken into....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry to hear this happened to you, this is the stuff that nightmares are made of. I always dread it happening to me. Bring back hanging:okay:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
He's not far from Kranks shop. Short walk out of Leeds City Centre.

"Shot fired" gets an almost instant response, from anyone.

Failing that, a battery powered electric fence box. Mains is illegal, battery isn't.

The last time a neighbours shed was broken into I went out with a torch and asked if they wanted a bit more light.
Even a 12g blank sounds impressive in an enclosed space:okay:

Drago

Legendary Member
It was a quip intended to try and cheer up the OP after a bad day. Have you not seen the advert on TV? The patronising bloke turning to the camera and smugly asking, "does your doorbell prevent crime?" If you've not seen the ad my post is probably not terribly witty.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
It was a quip intended to try and cheer up the OP after a bad day. Have you not seen the advert on TV? The patronising bloke turning to the camera and smugly asking, "does your doorbell prevent crime?" If you've not seen the ad my post is probably not terribly witty.
Sorry! I hadn't seen the advert. By the way, what is this "TV" of which you speak?

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
If an intruder accidentally touched my overhead heating wires whilst making an entry through the roof I could not be held responsible there is a notice clearly visible on the card in my wallet that they are there.
You would seriously use that line of defence if prosecuted?
Rather you than me. :headshake:

D

Deleted member 26715

You would seriously use that line of defence if prosecuted?
Rather you than me. :headshake:
The only way they would prosecute was if they could find the body

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
FFS you have a nice house in a lovely area but such passive neighbors are bad neighbors.
The muppet theives would have been better taking the bikes.

Just like the nosey neighbour across from my mum and dad's years ago. he saw everyone come and go at their/our house and took great delight in saying how he'd seen mum and dad creeping home from the pub at 2 in the morning and such stuff,but he somehow missed their car being stolen one afternoon. Even though he said he'd have been in at the time when asked if he'd seen the theft or anyone acting suspiciously.:headshake:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A neighbour lost his MTB and BMX's a few years back - concrete sectional garage, flat roof - they went in via the roof.
Another neighbour had the up and over jemmied.

I've had two attempts on mine - one spent ages removing the beading from a wooden window, and carefully removed the glass. Thing is, there are steel bars on the inside of the window (made from roofing straps) and no-one is cutting through them anytime soon. They had also tried to remove a small piece of glass from the side door, but that's internally beaded, and it's also screwed closed.

Second attempt was to try and cut off the hasp lock (failed) and to try and jemmy the top shoot bolt (a very well known weakness on up and overs). Plus they made a right racket - a bunch of three lads on a moped. The buggers left a footprint on my bumper where they had been standing on my car.

On both occasions I beefed up security.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
When i lived with Mrs Accy i kept two not obviously broken bikes in the backyard. My theory was that you only get robbed once and the idiots would be happy with their trophies. Sacrifice the knackered bikes to save my best bikes was my thought. The damned things were still there when i moved out,after they'd gone rusty for years. When you want to be robbed/burgled the devils don't turn up ffs!!:headshake:

Top Bottom