Garage broken into....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

They tried to get into the daughters garage, they brought a battery angle grinder & cut a hole near the lock with the intention of putting their hand through to pull the steel lock wire. If they'd looked closer they would have seen the 4 reinforcement plates where we'd fitted extra bolts on the inside. The door was also so close to the cars they wouldn't have been able to have lifted it anyway. It was all on CCTV they even waved at the camera's on a couple of occasions.

Eventually gave up & went elsewhere, they went around the corner & got into a garage & stole quite a bit of stuff, they then made the mistake of targeting a sister of the local drug lord in the area. They were seen a couple of weeks later walking with limps & their faces quite badly beaten, apparently they had both fallen downstairs, not sure if it was together or separately.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
they then made the mistake of targeting a sister of the local drug lord in the area.

Well they were asking for it so i had to teach 'em a lesson!:ninja: :boxing:Now if you want any E's,uppers or downers,just PM me.:secret:

mustang1

Guru
...last night. It's a sectional concrete garage with door anchor so they entered through the roof. My motorbike was stolen but 7 bicycles left untouched, phew.:okay:

The bike was recovered nearby, unrideable and maybe £400's worth of damage so I'll have to bite that bullet, but the main topic is the bizarre behaviour of three neighbours.

At 4am my neighbour's (2 doors away) dog woke her up, thinking it needed a tinkle she let it out into her back garden, immediately she spotted my garage wide open and torch light moving inside. She could have gone to my front door unseen and alerted me, she could have rung me, she could have rung the police. What did she do?

Well, she wrote me a letter, dated and time, a nice touch, detailing what she had seen and posted it through my letter box probably as my motorbike was being wheeled away.

The bike was wheeled away by at least two people as the front disc lock was still on at that point, into a nearby alley. Their wrecking started in an attempt to start the bike, waking another woman up, it was happening right under her bedroom window, she was scared, didn't ring the police and went back to bed.

Her next door neighbour was awoken too, she saw what was happening and posted a message on social media that a stolen bike was being "mended" outside her house, posted the reg number and........... went back to bed.

:wacko:

This reminds me of that episode of The IT Crowd when there's a fire in the office and Ross sends an email to the fire department.

(edit: typos)

Last edited:
An alarm went off in my brother's street. So his neighbour went round to my brother's house and smashed up the burglar alarm box with a hammer. It wasn't his that was sounding, but that's the mentality of people there.

In the Chipping Norton of the North where we are, the scumbags commute in vans from Manchester across the Woodhead Pass. So the authority responded to this by closing the police station.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
...last night. It's a sectional concrete garage with door anchor so they entered through the roof. My motorbike was stolen but 7 bicycles left untouched, phew.:okay:

The bike was recovered nearby, unrideable and maybe £400's worth of damage so I'll have to bite that bullet, but the main topic is the bizarre behaviour of three neighbours.

At 4am my neighbour's (2 doors away) dog woke her up, thinking it needed a tinkle she let it out into her back garden, immediately she spotted my garage wide open and torch light moving inside. She could have gone to my front door unseen and alerted me, she could have rung me, she could have rung the police. What did she do?

Well, she wrote me a letter, dated and time, a nice touch, detailing what she had seen and posted it through my letter box probably as my motorbike was being wheeled away.

The bike was wheeled away by at least two people as the front disc lock was still on at that point, into a nearby alley. Their wrecking started in an attempt to start the bike, waking another woman up, it was happening right under her bedroom window, she was scared, didn't ring the police and went back to bed.

Her next door neighbour was awoken too, she saw what was happening and posted a message on social media that a stolen bike was being "mended" outside her house, posted the reg number and........... went back to bed.

:wacko:
With the utter tripe and dumbass information/requests posted on local Facebook pages, none of that (apart from the letter) surprises me !

All the time I see 'watch out for this car' type posts on the Penistone local group. Why not call the cops instead to report suspicious activity?
There's even talk of raising funds via facebook for a private citizen's security van to tour the area.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
My problem was not so much theft as nuisance. Every October at the annual car rally they had pissing competitions through my workshop letterbox. The local police sargeant at that time seemed to agree that electrifying the letterbox would be a good idea but not sure he thought 240 volts. In the end I had to get another door with no slot.

Lullabelle

Banana
When we were kids we had a labrador. One night he woke my folks, he was pacing up and down the lounge and staring at the wall between us and the neighbour. They called the police, turns out the house was being burgled and he ran off when the police came around. He didn't have chance to take anything. Neighbour didn't even thank my folks or even acknowledge what they did :angry:

Top Bottom