Garmin Edge 800 User Guide (With Fancy Pics)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
I've just refitted my GSC 10 unit although awaiting delivery of speed magnet. Once I fit it do I need to change any settings on the 800?
Best to have wheel calibration on auto for eg?
Anything else?
I stopped using auto calibration because it would sometimes get it wrong, the same ride could be shorter or longer.
I just the the circumference information printed on the side of the Conti GP4000s/4 Season tyre box.

D

Deleted member 18052

My Garmins self calibrated to 2088 for my wheels 700x23 its not too far out and is probably about right when my fat arse is on the bike compressing the wheels, that'll do for me! oh and it also displays the same speed etc as my cateye wireless

BSRU

A Human Being
My Garmins self calibrated to 2088 for my wheels 700x23 its not too far out and is probably about right when my fat arse is on the bike compressing the wheels, that'll do for me! oh and it also displays the same speed etc as my cateye wireless
It self calibrates every time you use it.

dollyg

Just upgraded from a 500 to an 800 and I am glad I found this site, simple and effective. I am off to the Alps shortly and need to know whether I have to set the elevation setting when I am there or does the 800 automatically work that out. As my 500 only calculated the rise and fall based on the profile and at the moment there appears to be a setting of -54 in the 800 I don't know what that means as I am sitting on the 7th floor of a tower block!! I want to be able to record my ascent and decent accurately as it is the first time there, but hopefully not the last, so any advice is gratefully appreciated.

Last edited:

Tyke

Garmin 800 manual gives 2096 for 700 23c 2086 for 700 20c so your slightly between the two

vickster

Legendary Member
Somehow I seem to have ended up with cadence on the main screen and not speed. As I don't use the cadence monitor this is annoying. Anyone know how to change it back, can't see anything in the manual

TIA :smile:

(not loving the Garmin, totally non intuitive for a technophobe :blush: )

D

Deleted member 18052

Press and hold on it. Will bring up a menu to change

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
can anybody tell me why i cant get garmin express to work? I have downloaded it and installed it. I have the icon in my task bar. When I click on th eicon I get a message saying my browser is blocking it. I Had mozilla firefox, I tried all I knew in there to allow it through. Then I uninstalled it and went back to Chrome, same problem, I tried internet explorer same issue. I have a new Garmin edge 800 connected via usb. Any ideas??
Thanks.

OP
OP
T.M.H.N.E.T

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Pass: There's absolutely no reason why a browser would influence Express that I can think of. If anything it's probably another decent example of how shoot Garmin are at software/websites

I'm assuming you're on a windows machine and have the .exe set as a trusted application in firewalls and the like?

YahudaMoon

Über Member
UArghhh y

Got a 4 GB memory card and Openstreet maps wont load on it

Maybe Ive been greedy as Ive downloaded the whole of England and Wales

Off to Maplin for a 16 GB memory card

Or am I wasting my time?

Im useless with tech :sad: PC says 'Im 368MB short for the download onto the SD card'

Any ideas what Im doing wrong?

Top Bottom