Giro helmets - huge appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tigger

tigger

Über Member
Possibly because I own 18 bikes, ride some 8,000 miles a year and haven't played bingo since I was fourteen?

Thats 444.44444 miles per bike per year. I still don't know how old you are.

Cunobelin, on 29 July 2011 - 21:47:17, said:

Wrong again...

I pointed out that a canteloupe has the same ability to reduce pain as a helmet when banging your head against a wall. The only way you could know this is by banging your head against a wall whilst wearing a canteloupe on your head

It works!

The claim it is therefore as good as a cycle helmet for other uses is your misinterpretation.... the stated outcome was to reduce pain Is it as good as a cycle helmet, i have to take your word for it

Again your misinterpretation, your outcome was to reduce pain

Pain reduction could also be achieved by strapping a pillow to your head, a large cheese, a small child, a juicy steak or a large rabbit. Again none of these is a cycle helmet, but do achieve the outcome of your experiment again, i will take your word for it

At last you are seeing sense!

All of these achieve your stated outcome

The point is that your "experiment" did not prove anything it proved my head hurts less if i bang it on a wall whilst wearing a helmet....

... and to what purpose?

If it was to promote helmet use it is a big FAIL!
Why is that advantageous to using a small child?

why not admit it was really a very silly experiment because strapping a piece of steak to your head achieves the same outcome (your words not mine) you consider the original silly? Im trying to get your logic, it all seems fruit based?

Again your stated outcome was achieved, simply proving how pointless your experiment was

The silly thing was the pathetic attempt to justify helmet use with such a flawed and silly piece of evidence

PS ..... Please learn to use the quotes

OP
OP
tigger

tigger

Über Member
Well this morning I will mainly be packing my helmet up and writing a report of the accident to send to Giro. Giro will then send me a half price helmet and better still they have information and evidence of the accident to log to help improve their future products.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Well this morning I will mainly be packing my helmet up and writing a report of the accident to send to Giro. Giro will then send me a half price helmet and better still they have information and evidence of the accident to log to help improve their future products.

Good morning to you. I bet you are aching like a be-atch today?

david k

Hi
"Again your misinterpretation, your outcome was to reduce pain
At last you are seeing sense!
All of these achieve your stated outcome
... and to what purpose?
If it was to promote helmet use it is a big FAIL!
Why is that advantageous to using a small child?
Again your stated outcome was achieved, simply proving how pointless your experiment was"
Another failed attempt to muddy the water
tongue.gif

The silly thing was the pathetic attempt to justify helmet use with such a flawed and silly piece of evidence
Is it really? i wear a helmet to stop my head hurting as much when i bang it, not sure what you think its for? Seems its too simplistic for you, you need reams and reams of data before taking a decision to put a helmet on or not, for me its much simpler. How do you ever come to any decision of your own? always having to rely on others to prove something with complex hard data before making the simplest of judgements, how about using pictures of fruits to demonstrate how the complex data works to form a judgement. Or as an alternative post a picture of a fruit, as you dont see that as a pathetic attempt to justify helmets dont work

PS ..... Please learn to use the quotes Dont know how to multi quote, can somebody tell me and i will, until then this does the job, no big issue

unquote

just here waiting for the kids to get ready, why do they take so long?

david k

Hi

send them this thread, oh wait a minute, the "evidence" is so compelling that they dont work they will panic and shut down their business
rolleyes.gif

It has not been unknown for the unscrupulous to deliberately damage a helmet to get a new one cheap!

The accident evidence is not completely valid

Dan B

Disengaged member
If I get a choice, what colour Atmos do you think I should get through the excellent crash replacement scheme?
Silver & white. Goes with anything and not as hot as black. Though when I checked the replacement programme details istr it said your colour choice is not guaranteed, so you may end up with baby blue anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom