Giro helmets - huge appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tigger

tigger

Über Member
It has not been unknown for the unscrupulous to deliberately damage a helmet to get a new one cheap!

The accident evidence is not completely valid

I can imagine. Lots of evidence has no validity. The good thing is, there are experts (even within our own ranks) who can tell from mere photos whether a helmet has had a valid accident or not. So I'd have thought the bods at Giro wll spot the scams easily with the helmet in front of them.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
It has not been unknown for the unscrupulous to deliberately damage a helmet to get a new one cheap!

The accident evidence is not completely valid

It would appear no evidence is completely valid. After all it all comes from human beings who are flawed creatures.

OP
OP
tigger

tigger

Über Member
Silver & white. Goes with anything and not as hot as black. Though when I checked the replacement programme details istr it said your colour choice is not guaranteed, so you may end up with baby blue anyway.

Yeah silver and white does look cool. Yeah the nice man at Madison told me they will match if possible, otherwise they will go with the next closest. So my Matt Titanium probably leaves me with black/white/silver - all OK to me. I wonder, whats the nearest match to red?

OP
OP
tigger

tigger

Über Member
Not at all, that was your assumption

What was my assumption? I asked a straightforward closed question. No inferences or leads. I don't understand...

OP
OP
tigger

tigger

Über Member
Now that I'm aware many people are against wearing helmets and compulsion, I've been reading over the many threads covering this. Can we please park the compulsion thing completely for now and focus on what makes people CHOOSE NOT TO wear helmets?

The 3 main reasons I see frequently cited are:
1) Statistics can show that death/injury is not that much higher than other everyday activities where people don't wear helmets
2) A belief that the construction of current cycling helmets will not prevent serious injury or death anyway
3) A belief that in certain instances helmets could actutally increase risk upon impact, i.e. increased dissipation of force to the neck

No please don't comment on the whys and wherefores of this - this has already been done to death.

What I'd really like to know is whether there are any other common objections to wearing helmets?

Norm

Now that I'm aware many people are against wearing helmets and compulsion, I've been reading over the many threads covering this. Can we please park the compulsion thing completely for now and focus on what makes people CHOOSE NOT TO wear helmets?

The 3 main reasons I see frequently cited are:
1) Statistics can show that death/injury is not that much higher than other everyday activities where people don't wear helmets
2) A belief that the construction of current cycling helmets will not prevent serious injury or death anyway
3) A belief that in certain instances helmets could actutally increase risk upon impact, i.e. increased dissipation of force to the neck

No please don't comment on the whys and wherefores of this - this has already been done to death.

What I'd really like to know is whether there are any other common objections to wearing helmets?
I'm sure there are other reasons, as well as the sweaty head which Mr P mentions, but #5 for me would be that there is some evidence to suggest cars give less room to cyclists who are wearing helmets - I think the theory is called risk transference or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom