got my KOM!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
ahhhhh! just plugged in garmin today after todays spin and found out i got my KOM on my favorite segment! :wahhey::hyper:
beat the other chap by 0.1mph average and 1 second
0.9 miles virtually dead flat

first KOM in my bag :biggrin:

alright i know i should grow up and stop being so childish! :tongue:
Cheers Ed

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
They are better the one you have to try hard for!

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
The previous KOM recipient gets an email to tell him. If he's local, expect him to want to win it back soon. :sad:
not sure if he's local and not sure how much he rides anymore as his account seems to be fairly thin on recent rides and he set this KOM last year before i made the segment when he was just riding normally so fingers crossed he doesn't bother, in any case i think i might try to push my KOM up a bit when i get the time :smile:
Cheers Ed

bpsmith

Veteran
not sure if he's local and not sure how much he rides anymore as his account seems to be fairly thin on recent rides and he set this KOM last year before i made the segment when he was just riding normally so fingers crossed he doesn't bother, in any case i think i might try to push my KOM up a bit when i get the time :smile:
Cheers Ed
Cool then.

In my hurry to warn you, I forgot to say Congrats!

bpsmith

Veteran
KOM? King of the Mountains? Dead flat?!
Not a Strava user then...

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
It's a good feeling when you get a KOM isn't it :thumbsup: I don't normally chase them, but one day I went out aiming to beat some of the club riders on one or 2 segments, only managed to get one KOM, but it's a quite impressive one http://www.strava.com/activities/222688444/segments/5266052152
well done! i think 19.1 mph for 19.8 miles would be pushing it for most people

i don't normally go out just to ride a few segments i know, but i will go out for a ride and then think 'oh yeah, i'm near such and such a segment' and go and give it my all. the segment i now have my KOM on is literally 150 meters or so down the road from my house so i generally warm up for it with the ride on a short ride such as yesterdays 18.7 miles and then to finish the ride off i go and bomb it along said segment
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom