Hand Built Wheels Update - £20 per wheel building service to CC members

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Hope hubs.. gagagaga..
Love Hope stuff, awesome company, awesome people.. but please.. for the love of God make quieter hubs.

Must admit I much preferred the look of the hope hubs & think a red hub would have looked stunning, but not sure I could have coped with the noise, even with added grease. But seeing the miche hubs built up now I think they will suit the bike better. I'm now like a little kid waiting for Christmas day :laugh:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Must admit I much preferred the look of the hope hubs & think a red hub would have looked stunning, but not sure I could have coped with the noise, even with added grease. But seeing the miche hubs built up now I think they will suit the bike better. I'm now like a little kid waiting for Christmas day :laugh:

I would have gone for Hope Hubs on all my handbuilds but for the noise.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Mine sound like im casting out a fishing line . I didn't realise they made that noise when I bought the wheels to be honest so getting them quieter would be nice . Pack them with grease eh :scratch:

OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
They are doing their job though, I rarely coast in normal riding so they don't get on my nerves (plus they don't seem to intrude over the headphones, must be a frequency thing) but they have already caused a couple of people to recognise my presence on shared paths and they don't seem to be antagonising the pedestrians when they do it. They are just loud enough that as I coast up behind someone they are heard before I'd be comfortable shouting out an 'excuse me' especially as I tend to wait a bit before asking to be let past. They do click away to themselves sometimes when the bike is in the back of the car, but again, I don't hate that.

Slowly working back up to distance, I've put 120 miles on them so far.

Ohhh come on Mik, I could do that in one morning!!!! Just joking mate, get well first then you can pedal all you like ^_^

OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member

If you like red then maybe you can get the QR from them too

miche-racing-box-campagnolo-hubs-pair-silver-51435.jpg

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Hey spoked, you build track wheels? I'm thinking Phil Wood Hubs and Chukka 42 hole rims - 135mm spacing.

razer17

I have to apologise to you, but I took my bike into halfords for a service. Hope they don't undo all the hard work you did on my wheels. Not any other convenient places to get a service round here though.

razer17

I don't see why they would need to touch them.
I imagine they'll test them for trueness and what not. Other than that there shouldn't be much on the wheels they do.

On a different note, it was nice to get my Cube back out the garage after the winter. I took a quick 10 mile detour to get to halfords, and it was nice to get some decent speeds up on the road again after my forays into the darkside.

OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I imagine they'll test them for trueness and what not. Other than that there shouldn't be much on the wheels they do.

On a different note, it was nice to get my Cube back out the garage after the winter. I took a quick 10 mile detour to get to halfords, and it was nice to get some decent speeds up on the road again after my forays into the darkside.

They would be fine, did you notice anything that might give you cause for concern?

Follow the advice I gave you and have a little faith. There's no need to report every time you are getting your bike serviced ;)

Top Bottom