Hand Built Wheels Update - £20 per wheel building service to CC members

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Maybe not just yet, Mrs Soltydog has mentioned the amount of deliveries I've been getting lately :whistle:

Hahaha..... that's a problem I no longer have. Hubs, rims and spokes have arrived without my wife suspecting they were for me :smile:

Love it :laugh:

CRVFR

Can't wait to get them collected & put them on my Colnago Master - if will look even better than it does now (IMHO of course) - many thanks, they look beautiful!

OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Can't wait to get them collected & put them on my Colnago Master - if will look even better than it does now (IMHO of course) - many thanks, they look beautiful!

They are a great pair of wheels. The hubs are of great quality and you will appreciate riding quality wheels.

They are the same weight than a 28 spoke Dura Ace / H plus Son.....stiffness is very similar too which says a lot about Archetype rims I think.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Upthread was a picture of the wheels @Spoked Wheels built for me. Here is a picture of them on the bike about to do yet another soggy commute. Loving the way they sit with the colourscheme of the bike making it all less black but still fitting in and like to think the silver spokes will glisten in the sun if we ever get one. I've barely put any miles on them at all so far, but have no doubt they will outlast the bike. Fantastic things.

66072_original.jpg

Hi Mik.

Just wondering, how you are getting on with the wheels and what mileage you are doing now, any problems?

Cheers

Ricardo

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Hi Mik.

Just wondering, how you are getting on with the wheels and what mileage you are doing now, any problems?
Only up to 675 miles so far, health still causing issues, just changed beta blockers today. Everything still running perfectly as you'd expect. Have managed to keep them out of almost every hole although they do a couple of downhills full of speed bumps every day.

OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Only up to 675 miles so far, health still causing issues, just changed beta blockers today. Everything still running perfectly as you'd expect. Have managed to keep them out of almost every hole although they do a couple of downhills full of speed bumps every day.

I was in the middle of something on my last reply, hence my short reply.

Holes don't usually kill wheels, although if the hit is big enough it can damage the rim and sometimes the damage is beyond repair. Mileage and weight are the two things that kill well built wheels. Wheels are to be ridden so there is nothing you can do about avoiding mileage but still, you can do thousands of miles without having to worry about that and then it will be the rim that needs replacing. So no need to keep the wheels in cotton wool :smile: I guess we all know when we see a pothole that can cause damage so it's a matter of avoiding those ones. ;)

I know you had issues with broken spokes with other wheels, all I can say is that I'd be very surprised if you report back with broken spokes due to fatigue failure which is why most spoke brake, I can assure you that you won't have the same problem.

I hope you get well soon and get to enjoy your cycling.

OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Today I finished rebuilding a set of Mavic Ksyrium SLR for a friend. Mavic charges are sky high so I saved the wheels from the bin. My friend was quite :wahhey:with his wheels - new rims but I saved the spokes and hubs.

They are not difficult to build but using the Mavic spoke key is a real pain in the ....:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
These are Dura Ace 7900 - Archetype rims- DT Swiss Competition and DT Swiss Revolution spokes. Since I'm also a forum member I can post them here :smile:
20150324_110053.jpg
20150324_105811.jpg
20150324_110121.jpg

These will go on my Ti bike when I have completed my target in weight..... another 6lbs to shift - No pain, no gain, no reward :smile:

JMAG

Über Member
These will go on my Ti bike when I have completed my target in weight..... another 6lbs to shift - No pain, no gain, no reward

Great idea! Good luck with the last few pounds. I would inclined towards a starvation diet if I was that close to a reward :smile: (I must make it clear I'm joking, fast diets aren't healthy).

OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Nice shoes :becool: oh & the wheels don't look bad either ^_^
Thank you Paul..... aren't they lovely? :smile:
Hand made and made of ostrish. Very comfortable. They needed a bit of TLC and they are now happy waiting for their next turn.

I'm really happy with the wheels too. Best thing is that my wife has not suspected a thing :smile: she got used to seeing boxes with rims and wheels ^_^

JMAG

Über Member
So your generosity in offering free wheelbuilds has an ulterior motive or is it a happy coincidence?

Top Bottom