Heads up about Children's Tax Credit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cranky

User1314 said:
Anyone with kids before during 2001/02, 2002/03 Tax years. There was a children's tax credit scheme which had little publicity. (Not the Family Tax Credit Scheme). They are now paying tax credits due for these periods retrospectively for those who have not claimed. I'm due a few hundred quid. Worth double-checking and applying if need be - whole process only took me under half-hour. The form is 11ctc from www.hmrc.gov.uk :

http://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kbroker/hmrc/forms/viewform.jsp?formId=3282

I recently applied for this after a friend told me about it. I think it's too late for the 2001/02 tax year IIRC.

Maz

Guru
According to HMRC webpage, I don't think I'm entitled as my Tax Code for that year ends in an "H".

ChrisKH

Guru
Maz said:
According to HMRC webpage, I don't think I'm entitled as my Tax Code for that year ends in an "H".

? Mine was an H suffix in 02/03 and I got it that year. It's not about what your tax code was particularly but what your earnings were. If you had a 702H tax code that year there's a good chance you may have had it already, but it's worth a check Maz. Mine was higher than 702 that year because of pension payments. I would dig out your paperwork and check if I was you. Could be a new bike or holiday in it. ;)

Also depends when junior was born. My son was born on 4th Dec 2002 and we got double from memory.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
can`t find any payslips for those years however I`ve applied, the cash would cover my summer holiday away in the caravan which would be good :biggrin: My two oldest were born 2001 and before, the HMRC tell you sod all when it comes to benefits ( Not of the benefit claiming type ;) ) when my youngest was born I was entitled to extra cash every month to cover essentials in the first year, never found out till 9 months into his first year so lost out after eventually claiming.

Top Bottom