Helmet for commuting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

JE201

Regular
As Stoatsngroats said it's best to get familiar with mending a puncture in the comfort of your own home.
I looked at the tutorials on Brilliant Bikes and kept promising myself to have a go at removing and reinstalling the back wheel.
Lockdown has given me that opportunity and I'm so glad I have gone through the process. The first time was awkward, especially with the chain tensioner, now I've done it a few times, most recently swapping to the new Brompton tyres from Continental I feel a lot more confident.
You could always practice the fold/unfold too, I hear the record for folding is just over 5 seconds 😯
I know, I'm just terrified of taking it off and not being able to get it back on!

The first link is the standard one, Brilliant bikes and SJS are the better version (IMVHO) Schwalbe AV4 or 37-349 is the Correct sizing for the tyres and tubes.

macp

Guru
Another new Bromptineer :hello:

Still waiting for mine so im ordering stuff whilst I wait. Should be here next week. Just ordered new grips and a front mount bag. Im strongly resisting a Brooks B17 but im pretty certain I will give in ^_^

Tenkaykev

Guru

Still waiting for mine so im ordering stuff whilst I wait. Should be here next week. Just ordered new grips and a front mount bag. Im strongly resisting a Brooks B17 but im pretty certain I will give in ^_^

Recently got a Brooks Cambium C17 but due to the current situation I'm just using it on the turbo trainer.

OP
OP
J

JE201

Regular

Nice. Which bag did you go for? I was/am considering whether to get one for my commute, or just use my North Face rucksack.

Top Bottom